Friends or more?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friends or more?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

amcook5
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 2:14 am #106781
    Friends or more?

I can’t decide if it’s a good idea to ask who I could probably call my bestfriend to be my girlfriend. We’ve known eachother for an extremely long time (almost 20 years) but more just as a “I know who that person is” thing until about 8.5 years ago. We only started actually hanging out outside of school and work about 6 months ago, and I feel like I’ve gotten mixed messages. She has in the past mentioned things like she is glad some guys can hangout with girls and not expect sex and just be friends, but at the same time she only hangs out with me alone, She has a few times had work or plans, but usually she’s super available to hangout, but at the same time she sometimes does not respond right away sometimes taking 1-2 days for a reply and literally never messages me first. She has told me she’s never really been mad at me, while she was my supervisor at my previous job and has expressed frustration with basically everyone else who has ever worked there at least at some point.

amcook5
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 2:16 am #106782

There are tons of random examples that make me feel like it might be just more, like just tonight she used my leg to reposition her barstool for what she wanted to do, when she could easily have just used the bar. But at the same time I feel like pretty much every hint she has given could easily be interpreted as just being friends. I’m not really sure, I consider myself socially incompetent and really have no idea how to read situations. We won’t be coworkers soon and that’s the only reason I’m close to the confidence required for this..

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  amcook5. Reason: more info?

zbot1234
    Participant
    August 3, 2016 at 12:04 am #107296

Go for it!

AleksiR
    AleksiR
    Participant
    August 3, 2016 at 7:47 am #107310

Just be careful with it and dont ask it out of nowhere because then she might get freaked out about it if she doesnt feel the same way and it would probably do harm to your relationship

Anonymous
    September 8, 2016 at 12:07 am #110774

Be the guy she is looking for. Don’t go looking for sex; if your relationship can’t form without it then you don’t have a relationship.

anonna
    Participant
    September 8, 2016 at 1:16 pm #110834

ask her out

vbstein88
    Participant
    September 8, 2016 at 5:25 pm #110867

Ask her but don’t make it too serious

apu222
    Participant
    September 9, 2016 at 2:51 pm #110911

go for it

JuliaPsy
    Participant
    September 9, 2016 at 4:42 pm #110927

ask her out

dr185
    Participant
    September 10, 2016 at 1:26 pm #110954
    Reply To: Friends or more?

GO FOR IT

GeeItsLui
    Participant
    September 11, 2016 at 5:22 am #110962

GO FOR IT BRUH

Izzeee
    Participant
    September 25, 2016 at 5:43 am #112428

Shes your best friend, right? Consider this, if you cross this line into a romantic relationship and it doesn’t work out for whatever reason, will a breakup ruin your friendship? Is it worth this risk?