Friends set me up with their single friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JAY1981
    Participant
    April 30, 2015 at 10:10 pm #78220

So, I am usually not one for being set up – but I made an exception for the person I’m speaking to.

A few friends thought I would be a great fit for their friend – 33 years old & single (same as me). So we began talking, exchanging text messages & phone conversations & she had the idea that we get together this coming weekend, which is nice. But, I feel like i am getting mixed signals from her, even before we get together this weekend. The messages she sends (in conversations that she initiates) sometimes get one-wordy, and cold in some cases. Now, I can totally read when a text conversation is coming to an end for the time being, and put an end to it with lines like, “go do your thing, we’ll talk later”.

Granted, the conversation we had that sparked these concerns came after a long work day – but I want to make sure that I am not missing a signal that didn’t exist yesterday or the day before that – or am I just reading into it bc I don’t know her well enough, yet?

JAY1981
    Participant
    April 30, 2015 at 10:12 pm #78221

Continued: Am I reading too much into an issue that doesn’t exist, or…? I know how to treat these things…I always give someone I am dating or just talking to prior to getting together a ton of space. But I don’t want to try too hard.

Thoughts/comments?

NoShakenThrone
    Participant
    May 1, 2015 at 8:41 pm #78327

I wouldn’t worry much about it at all. I am sure that you are just as busy with life as she is. Since she said that she wanted to get together this weekend I’m sure that you are good.

trumpduck
    Participant
    May 4, 2015 at 7:25 pm #78418

I agree, if she wants to do stuff this weekend, I would just leave it at that and take that as a blessing that you don’t have to do any more of the bullshit pre-date texting nonsense.

infamissg
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 9:18 pm #78576

I met the person that I’m seeing through my best friend. I felt the exact same way as you did .. sometimes I would get one word answers, and closed conversation. I originally thought he wasn’t interested, until I found out that he was shy, and doesn’t normally talk to girls. I thought differently because he was really good-looking. So my advice to you is, don’t over think things.. don’t worry about it too much.