Friends with a spark

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friends with a spark

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

turbowned
    Participant
    April 3, 2015 at 4:46 am #76618
    Friends with a spark

Ending a recent near 2-year relationship with a woman I didn’t love, I surprised myself at how quickly I detached from the relationship. I found myself interested in a woman in my field. We’ve had good chemistry from the start, and loads to talk about. We kissed the second time we were alone together. The only problem is, neither of us want to fuck anything up. We know what a pain a long-term relationship is if you’re not into it, but at the same time we know we really like each other. She thinks i’m not ready for a relationship given how recent my breakup was. She’s also worried that she’ll lose me as a friend. The physical connection we have is very strong when simply talking, hanging out, cuddling etc. Now it’s like i’m forced to take 2 steps back and learn how to be friends again even though I have a glimpse of what could be. How do I “play it cool” while having all these feelings for this woman?

daniel
    Participant
    April 3, 2015 at 9:28 am #76624

I’m certainly no expert at playing it cool, but I think this sounds like something worth pursuing. Just take it slow, I guess. It seems there’s a lot of space between “just friends” and “long term relationship.”
    Does she know much about your relationship with the woman you recently broke up with? If you were with her for 2 years, this new girl might not realize your level of detachment from your ex.
    Hope this helps.

Anonymous
    April 3, 2015 at 10:32 am #76626

🙂