Friends with benefits

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friends with benefits

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SundayMorning
    Participant
    February 24, 2014 at 5:57 pm #48344
    Friends with benefits

I have a FWB relationship, and I’ve developed strong feelings for him. I’ve tried ending it with him so that I wouldn’t be hurt when he started dating someone but instead we agreed that we would continue to enjoy our time together and he said he didn’t want to lose me. Since then, he’s been more intimate with me, texting me more, spending more time with me, he kisses me more, he’s more open with me, and lots of other things like that. He is always trying to make sure I am happy and he’s always there for me. I feel like with the way he’s been acting towards me and talking to me, that he has also started to develop feelings but at the same time he still mentions things like “I don’t want you to be sad if I start dating someone.” That is literally the only thing that makes me think he doesn’t have feelings for me. All of the other signs says he does. Right now I’m falling even harder for him and IDK how to handle it. How can I tell if he is only trying to be nice or if he has feelings?

flamingrosexx
    Participant
    February 25, 2014 at 10:19 am #48378

Maybe it’s best that you guys talk about it? I know it’s hard to put yourself out there but would you rather you guys keep going the FWB route and then he ends up dating someone then you’ll be even more hurt. It’s better to be honest about your feelings then develop more and eventually fall for him if he doesn’t fall for you that would just hurt more.

mschica01
    Participant
    February 25, 2014 at 2:41 pm #48402

If a person is not into you for who you are verses just sex, I believe you are cutting yourself short of what you deserve. How does it make you feel knowing that he is only willing to sleep with you, but not willing to date you? I believe the texting, and the calls are his attempt of stringing you along so that you don’t go anywhere. Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself more, there is someone out that that would not only love to have sex with you, but also love to have you on their arm beside them at all times and proud to call you their own. Always remember “One mans trash, is another mans treasure” you don’t have to settle for less. Good luck!

pbx39
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm #49047

I have to break your bubble. And your hopes. I’m in a same type of relationship. The difference being that we talk a lot and don’t leave stone unturned.
    While you develop feelings of romantic nature, most men are capable of developing deeper friendship ones. He cares about you and likes seeing you happy. But don’t mix it up with love. If you want more than FWB then you heading for a huge heartbreak.
    You have 2 options…..break up as FWB is not for you or stay, live in the moment, enjoy what you have while you have. Nothing lasts forever and one day you will get hurt by this or other relationship but happy times are worth it 🙂

findmy1
    Participant
    September 9, 2017 at 3:27 pm #148672

i have to admit and say i’ve been single a long time with a no sex . I met a woman whom just got out out of a long term relationship shes been single 6 months and we hooked up as being friends. It has transpired into as she puts it ” friends with benefits”. She has developed feelings for me now because jealousy knocked on the door recently. She admitted she had to put those feelings away and stay on track. Thats B S to me. I have feelings for her too but i let her have the steering wheel in the relationship and see where it goes. I’m in no hurry hell were both consenting adults close to 50.
    I ve never married , she has been there an divorced. We have a lot of fun together, but wondering when it all comes to a stop.

Amy98
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 4:22 am #148718

I believe he’s saying that stuff to test the waters and see if you agree with him. His actions speak for themself. He likes you as more than fwb but is afraid thats all you see.