Friends with Benefits

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friends with Benefits

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sandje
    Participant
    July 2, 2015 at 6:04 pm #81947
    Friends with Benefits

I have found by typing and re-typing my complicated, scandalous, crazy story that there’s not enough room. So with a tremendous lack of detail to the backstory, I’ll try to sum it up. A co-worker and I recently came to the conclusion that we want to be friends with benefits, but not date. We spent the day together recently and kissed. She wanted me to come home with her, but I refused. I had someone else to see, but didnt want to say that (she is aware of my situation). She and I work together every day from different buildings, so we use IM to talk. Lately, her job has gotten a lot more stressful, and all she wants to do all day is complain to me about her job. When I try to flirt with her, she is not very responsive. Complain, complain, complain. Is this a sign that she’s friend zoning me, or that she’s comfortable with me? Could the lack of flirtation from her have to do with the stress of her job, or possibly her feeling rejected because I didn’t go home with her? What to do

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Sandje.

marcar670
    Participant
    July 3, 2015 at 1:18 am #81959

That’s a hard one since it depends on how she is as an individual in general. However, I would honestly just ask her….. If it’s clearly a friends with benefits situation there shouldn’t be any feeling hurt.

ConflictedCucumber
    Participant
    July 6, 2015 at 3:50 pm #82041

Friends with benefits is a very complicated thing to manage, as one person usually ends up wanting to date in the end anyway. If she is complaining about work a lot, it could really go either of the two ways that you suggested: She may just consider you a friend, or she may be showing that she is growing more comfortable with you. Personally, I have to agree with marcar670. The best way to handle the situation is likely just to ask her.