Friends with Benefits ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friends with Benefits ?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mysterious25
    Mysterious25
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 5:48 am #127194
    Friends with Benefits ?

Me and this guy have been friends since primary school (secretly liked each other). We went our separate ways after primary school and only followed each other’s lives over facebook. After high school, we were both in serious relationships which in return ended badly for both. Two months after my break up, we walked into each other at a festival, the day after he texted me. I went for a visit and well it pretty much lead to a sexual relationship, which lasted for about 4 weeks(was epic). I started developing feelings, I sensed he did as well (i know we both just got out of a bad relationship, but it helped having someone to numb the pain) but he started pulling away and then so did I. 3 years went by without speaking to each other. About a month ago he sent me a random text; asking me on a date.He apologized for the way things ended back then and explained he was starting to fall in love with me but was still so messed up after his break up and he was just really scared.

Mysterious25
    Mysterious25
    Participant
    February 16, 2017 at 5:49 am #127195

We were both in the wrong, and tried to build love on our broken hearts, which was really dumb and irresponsible. The day came for our date, he said he would let me know the time and place. I waited but didn’t hear anything from him. Two days later he sent me a text apolozing for not letting me know, said he was working late. Then asked if I was doing anything that day and I just ingnored the message. I was angry and in a way hurt because after all this time i realized i never really fell out of love with him. I know ignoring him might have been a mistake, i should of just told him exactly what i felt at that stage. I do believe he feels something for me as well, he hasn’t been in a relationship since our encounter a few years ago. He keeps telling me he has feelings for me. I don’t know how to handle the situation. I do have strong feelings for him, but i’m scared of getting hurt again. I’m overthinking everything and just need an objective opinion. Do I try or do I go?