Friends with Benefits/Bootycall

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Wannbelve776890
    Wannbelve776890
    Participant
    October 6, 2014 at 11:41 pm #65387

I’ve been see this guy for 2 years now we are friends with Benefits he said he loves me and he asked me if i loved him i told him yes so we met up last month and he asked me to marry him i said give me some time to think about it .i wanna know do u think 2 years is long enough to get married and if i say no will he continue to see me.

Anonymous
    October 8, 2014 at 8:55 am #65469

girl theyr are married couple who know each other for only a year,if you think that you and your friend know each other cleary there is nothing to hide,if you lived together and it works out,and you can saysthat every things works out great on every side and can had a happy relantionship together and the most important is that you realy love each other,if you and him really loved each other that there is no girl or man will ever split you up,that is the most important,if you think that is just a small attraction and you have a doubt well do this,meet with him talk about it if this is going to work out,if you both agree that is going to work out,well then say yes but wait a year or two before you two are married and behave like a married couple,and when you do that,when you have sex always have protection or birthcontrol pills, always, because you don’t need the baby to be the real decission,if everythings goes alright and you are happy together well in RO we have a quato casa de piatra

Anonymous
    October 9, 2014 at 7:35 am #65515

2 years is plenty of time to get married, but you also have to be clear on what that means to each of you. The things you should be paying attention to are respect, logistics (like what things drive you nuts in a room mate, they will be important), family beliefs. Unless you both are ready I wouldn’t rush it, if you are going to be there for each other than you can celebrate your love when you are ready.

SillyEvelina
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 8:13 pm #65741

It kind of sounds like you don’t really want to get married to him. Sorry if I’m reading that wrong.

If you don’t, I don’t think it would be fair to him to tell him yes even if you’re worried about him not wanting to see you anymore. I don’t know if he would or not, but if he wouldn’t, you could find someone else with whom you’d reach a similar relationship.

If you do want to get married to him, you might want to be in a committed monogamous relationship first. All of your friends could then see you as a couple instead of friends with benefits, and your families could see the two of you in that light as well. Two years can be enough, but it can also not be enough. It depends on how well you know each other. Do you know how cleanly he is with his home when you’re not around? How about how he interacts with his family or people that are in a serving position (example at a restaurant)? How does he deal with his problems? Does he get snippy with you or withdraw from everyone?

SillyEvelina
    Participant
    October 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm #65742

(Sorry character limit)

Also, some people with ADD hyperfocus on the relationship and then stop having that hyperfocus. So at first it seems like your partner is so loving and attentive, but that might change. Just a thought to anyone who is in a relationship with someone with ADD.

atearfilledgrey
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 1:52 pm #66022

Do want you heart tells you, I mean u don’t have to get married right away!! 🙂 u set the date! 🙂

TW
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 3:03 pm #66034

I have been in a similar situation. I had a friend with benefits for 5 years! I told him I loved him, he said he never would love me back. That was 10 years ago. We still keep in contact and I even make trips out to see him ( and vice versa). Yes, 2 years is long enough to know somebody and get married, however, you refer to him as a friend with benefits, not a boyfriend or even a lover/love of your life. How often do you see him? Maybe try moving in together first before marriage. Nobody can say for sure if you’re going to stay together for the long haul or not, the important thing is to be honest with him and most importantly, yourself!

Honu34
    Honu34
    Participant
    November 14, 2014 at 11:51 pm #67605

I think maybe you should try an actual relationship for a while before going straight into marriage. To me fwb does not constitute a real relationship.