From Bali

DATING ADVICE FORUM

From Bali

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

snakes251
    snakes251
    Participant
    June 26, 2015 at 12:59 am #81620
    From Bali

Met a girl online who lives in my state, but originally from Bali. She was married before to an American she met over there. Basically, he brought her over here, then cheated on her and ended up divorcing her because he felt “threatened” by her goals in life. So she’s stuck here in Texas, single again and making her own way. I’m from Austin; she’s in Fort Worth. But, we’ve been talking and I met up with her last weekend. She had a good time, had dinner and drinks with me, and even let me put my arm around her. But, I picked up on how gun-shy she is about getting into a new relationship. And, rightly so, after what she’s been through. Any advice on 1. dating an Indonesian woman, and 2. how I should handle someone who’s been through a messy divorce like this?

spurslover
    spurslover
    Participant
    June 26, 2015 at 1:34 am #81622

Hello, Snakes251,

You are right to ask for advice on dating Indonesian women (chuckles). We Asians are pretty much the same with other women you’ve dated before. But let me share my experience in dating white guys especially from North America instead. But, perhaps it’s just me and my baggage, I have never been able to rise over my low self-esteem and thinking that perhaps I could never be enough for a white guy. Everybody has expectations, but my white guy doesn’t seem to find me ‘enough’ for him.
    Don’t ever let her feel that way. If you are going to pursue her, you have to walk the extra mile. But then again, I am pretty messed up myself.

Happy to give an insight though.

Good luck.

PS: I am a proud Malaysian.