From colleagues to friends and maybe more

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ISA_ariete
    ISA_ariete
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 9:52 am #151560

Hi,I have been dating a guy for 3 years more or less. We are really different, for culture and style of life, but we went through a lot: discussions, dead in family, trauma from terrorist attack….like 3 really really intense years. Now, it is been already 2 years that a new colleague join in my group at work and here is my story: “this new colligue moved in our group and in my room, we were sharing the desk for a few months, then he was moved in another room. He met my boyfriend since the beginning, because I presented him. As friend, he is really sweet and close. But with me he is really different.
    At the beginning, he was just a colleague, I mean we were not talking too much. Then, with time he start to be more close. Since Aug, we talk EVERY DAY on chat at work and not, and it is been 1month that we give each other the good night on chat with a kiss(I never did something like that with friend!). We see for break at work, but not everyday. I think I am felling in love. What to do?

Adambates
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 7:59 pm #151672

Do you still enjoy being in a relationship with your boyfriend? How does he feel when he’s around if he’s also feeling less of a connection it could be for the best if you broke up, those 3 ‘intense’ years could have helped along your relationship as your emotions were high with what was going on and now that nothing is happening and your emotions are calm it is giving you a true reflection on what the relationship really offers.

Anonymous
    October 6, 2017 at 4:58 am #151693

Do you still enjoy being in a relationship with your boyfriend?

ISA_ariete
    ISA_ariete
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 7:44 am #151716

I guess I am trying to make the relationship working but it is not perfect, this is why I ma so weak at those emotional changing. But about my friend, what should I do? He usually chat with friends,women friend, and with me he is really timid when we are with other people, he almost doesn’t speak with me at all when we are around more people! (this is not like a friend should do!) Then when we are alone he is really sweet and one day he is super sweet another day he is more like friend. Then he is really no shy in chat, and sometime, I tried to stop this chatting but he is back asking me first friendly things until reaching the 3am chatting, he asks me about my family my hobbies, what I am doing at night, what I am watching…I mean they are all normal chat, friendly, deep friendly. But every day! There is no a day that we don’t finish to chat or see each other. Those last days that my boyfriend is not around I feel he is getting more close, we see each other every day for snacks@work.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 1:17 pm #151813

figure out your bf situation first. if its somethign you want to commit to – then commit and forget this guy romantically and keep it as work colleague fun thing.

if your bf situation is one you want to getout of, then get out…

it’s easy to be “prince charming” when the ‘boyfriend” is taking care of 75% of your needs… prince charming only has to do the fun stuff. but that doesn’t mean hes’ going to be good to you like your bf for the not so glamorous 75% of the relationship….