From confident to desperate: what am i doing wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Meg
    Participant
    November 18, 2016 at 12:05 pm #117830

I met this amazing guy- we started dating and the connection was instant. We ended spending long weekends together from the very beginning (he lives in another city). We’re both 24 and none of us felt so strongly with anyone..He said “I love you” really fast and that I’m super special to him, met his parents, sister, friends. But he never wanted to promise me anything about the future and said that he needs more time. Now he’s moving to another country for some time and he says that he doesn’t feel as strongly for me, that even though he can be himself like with no one else, there’s something missing. I didn’t expect that at all, so I dont know if i gave all my love too soon and now he’s not interested anymore, or if he felt that from the beginning it never changes? It’s not the first time im in this situation where everything starts awesome and then the guy suddenly doesn’t see a future anymore. Am i doing something wrong or am i picking wrong guys?

Infinity
    Infinity
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 7:32 am #117883

He is clearly not yet mature enough to desire something serious. He is still playing. Try a 30 year old.

Chlo
    Participant
    November 22, 2016 at 5:26 pm #118057

Give him time don’t push him if he truly loves you he’ll come running back too you and if you guys don’t work out it’ll be for the best!

AimlesslyAlone
    Participant
    November 22, 2016 at 5:31 pm #118061

Men get caught up in a fantasy in the beginning. Reality is setting in