From hot to cold: I do not know anymore

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JRomeo
    Participant
    June 18, 2016 at 7:14 pm #103599

1.So I met my daddy more than 2 years ago in this gym. I knew he’s gay: the way he speaks, walks, and everything else about him is gay. I got interested but was doubtful and distrustful; that’s just the way I am. Being friendly, he initiated exchanging contact details and we had then casual to serious conversations, but never personal, except for a few occasions we got to talk about our families, but never about our sexuality. We’re friends. Come 2nd quarter of 2015 my father had stroke, and I was so hopeless so I broke off all communications, include mine with him, but we reconnected midway third quarter due to unexpected circumstances. Things got really intimate for some reason…he was very caring, and I was always wanting to be with him: at the gym, or anywhere else. We started eating together, but wouldn’t admit those were dates. Come a day in October it was just so intense, I finally got him to admit he’s gay, so the next day I expressed my desire to be in a relationship.

JRomeo
    Participant
    June 18, 2016 at 7:19 pm #103600

2.We were ecstatic of course; we’d go on more dates, exchange hot and sweet texts. We’d tell each other good mornings and I love you’s…fast forward to vacation period in my country (May 2016)…things started to change. He’s texting less. His emoticons are getting fewer and fewer. He wouldn’t reciprocate anymore to my hhhmhmhms, just that plain cold “I love you”. I had to confront him and he apologized; he said he’s busy and can’t attend to me. But it just keeps on repeating. I told him that I’d just drop my expectations, but that I’m still in the relationship. I apologized quickly because I thought it sounded like breakup. He teared up telling me that’s he’s just so caught up in his work, but that we’re still together. Still, I just feel like he’s very cold. Come our 8th monthsary, I made the effort to go to his place just to drop by some gifts. All I got from him were cold “thank yous” and “I love yous”.

109ball02
    Participant
    June 19, 2016 at 1:14 am #103607

Ok im confused, maybe you could clarify who this guy is to you. Maybe the daddy is figurative language. But are you related, boyfriend, sugar daddy friend, fwb?.. Just to start off, Im confused on that :p

JRomeo
    Participant
    June 20, 2016 at 8:02 am #103602

3. (SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY!) I’m just so depressed right now. Early in our relationship, he told me that he wants “communication”, but his actions are making it so ironic now. I felt like our roles are getting reversed: me as the daddy now, and he’s the baby, but I was NEVER a cold baby to him, even if I was busy. Worse is that he’s active on social media but he couldn’t even give me a good morning. I’m trying not to text him because his response rate to my texts have gone from 100% to like 10%. I feel like my texts are auto-messages. I know I’m being too text-centric, but given his busy lifestyle, how else would we express our love? How else can his demand for “communication” be satisfied? My guts tell me he doesn’t love me anymore, but I wish I were wrong, because I love him so much. I know he’d been through a hard series of rejections from his past exes; now I’m I feeling like he’s making me his experiment sample of his own character building program, I can just cry.

JRomeo
    Participant
    June 20, 2016 at 8:02 am #103613

Lh, that’s how I call him. He calls me his baby. He’s my boyfriend, but yeah the daddy term came about because he’s older than I am by almost 7 years; not much but he’s about that mature compared to me.

JRomeo
    Participant
    June 20, 2016 at 8:03 am #103618

Ok im confused, maybe you could clarify who this guy is to you. Maybe the daddy is figurative language. But are you related, boyfriend, sugar daddy friend, fwb?.. Just to start off, Im confused on that :p

He’s my boyfriend about 7 years older than I am, and significantly more matured and ahead in life…so I call him daddy…

mike
    Participant
    July 2, 2016 at 12:14 am #104334

if it doesn’t work than it doesn’t work. find someone who deserves your love.