Getting Back Ex Who Has Moved On

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 12:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

matholimahlo
    Participant
    April 22, 2018 at 1:29 am #171349

I dated a wonderful girl for 5 years and until, because, basically she thought I stopped being man enough and I had disappointed rather too often, she had become disgusted with me, lost attraction, and respect for me. A few months later, she started an affair with a married man that lasted six months, ending in December last year. She only told me about it when it was over. During her second relationship, I started to turn my life around and become, not just the man I was, but better. Even she saw the change. I reconnected with her and now she counts me as one of her closet friends and I’ve even taken her out on a few dates, yet she is determined never to get back together with me, says she can’t see us happy, and doesn’t get excited by me. I want her back, and I feel like she’s resistant from fear, she even avoids eye contact and is noticeably stiffer physically when talking to me. How do I get her comfortable and safe to take the risk of wanting to get back with me?

mottoman
    mottoman
    Participant
    April 27, 2018 at 9:04 am #171751

She sounds like a wack-a-doodle,,, find a sane, good one

Pattt1000
    Participant
    April 30, 2018 at 7:57 pm #171890

hmm idk

usernameusername
    Participant
    May 1, 2018 at 8:03 pm #171983

You should respect her decision. Moving on yourself and accepting this great friendship you have would be a very difficult choice, but it may be the right one. If you don’t want to accept this, all you can really do is be honest with her and be yourself. There isn’t a magic trick to make her suddenly attracted to you again. It is possible she just needs some time to make sure you have really changed.

pakster123
    Participant
    May 21, 2018 at 8:21 pm #174833

Move on, but let her know you’ll be there. “I will respect your decision, but if there even is a chance, you know where I will be.”