Getting back into dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Getting back into dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 1:30 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

barvazyarok
    Participant
    March 17, 2017 at 8:32 am #130379
    Getting back into dating

Hi! So after getting out of a rough relationship a while back, I decided to take a lot of time off of dating. When I finally got back I met this guy online. We chatted for a couple months, and it was mostly so long before we met because my dad got really sick and was put in hospice care. The guy would ask me almost every weekend what I was doing but would never directly ask me out. When I finally asked if we would meet up he said he had been subtly asking me out all along.

We had a really nice date and when we were leaving he said for me to tell him if I wanted to meet up again. He lived an hour away and when he got home he texted me thanking me for coming out. On Wednesday he asked me my plans for St Patrick’s Day and when I told him mine were tentative, he said his were too but he might be with his friends. I kind of picked on him to figure out if he was just asking to be nice or if he was trying to plan something; his response was he could see how that could be confusing and he wou

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 17, 2017 at 3:09 pm #130426

What I will tell you, as a girl who sounds a lot like you, if a guy doesn’t want to see you, talk to you, he will not. Easy as that. He most likely wanted to see you for the holiday, but also didn’t want to seem to forward and interrupt your plans. I’m not saying you should run to him and be available all the time. But maybe it would be nice to tell him you are free a certain night and would like to see him. Also, actions speak louder than words. Yes, maybe he was subtly asking you out. But he never officially asked you out for a date, so his words mean very little. With a guy like this you have to be smart. Be up front with wanting to hang out, and if he can’t make time for you in his schedule or gives excuses then move on to the next. From what you put down, he seems nice so far. Seems like he cares what you are doing and asks you how you are.