Getting Back Out There

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Getting Back Out There

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    September 20, 2014 at 11:30 pm #62322
    Getting Back Out There

Hello again fellow daters! As some of you may already know from my first post on here, my relationship history is very short (only really been on three real dates with one girl). While things have been complicated for a long time now for me since she decided to “end it” with me, I’ve decided the last few months now that I’d like to get out and date someone again. I asked a fellow coworker of mine (I’m 23, and she’s a high school senior) out on a date who I thought I had started to really connect with, but got shot down pretty harshly. My confidence was never the highest to begin with, and the recent failures have only hurt myself more. I’m pretty shy, especially around women, so going to some big social setting to meet girls really isn’t for me. So…can somebody please help me out with this? Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks guys!

D4rk4NGEL
    Participant
    September 21, 2014 at 5:58 pm #62327

An easy way to get your foot in the door would be to go to social events. Parties are actually really good for loosening up and getting back into the groove. If you don’t drink that’s cool but if you do, have a drink or two to loosen up and just socialize. Hanging out with some friends helps build confidence aswell.

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    September 21, 2014 at 11:31 pm #62333

I know that for me, I really struggle with holding a conversation. I never seem to really know what to say and there ends up being those moments of silence (those are awful). I can’t help but feel like I’m somewhat boring, at least in conversations. Also, it typically takes me a while to really get comfortable with somebody. So when I ask somebody out or even think about it, it usually seems to take some time. Both girls I have ever asked out or gone out with were coworkers, so I was able to get to know them better through work.