Getting Confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Getting Confused

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

misscanadian
    Participant
    October 5, 2013 at 1:52 pm #40676
    Getting Confused

So I’m sure there are tons of posts out there very similar to mine but I figured it’s best to explain my specific predicament.

So I met this guy in school and we get along great. We hang out during class and talk and everything. He always has very good eye contact, to the point where we are almost staring sometimes. He smiles, he laughs, he teases me, he gets in my personal bubble sometimes, and his feet frequently are stretched towards me. We text for hours most days, a lot of the time I initiate this though. However, he’s the one that keeps it going.

I suggested a movie night and he was all for it, then pulled the “I’ll let you know” card.

However, we had the movie night at his house a week ago and things went good. He showed interest, got me food, made me a drink (non-alcoholic, so no, alcohol did not cloud our judgement), asking lots of questions and really listening. He stretched his legs out onto me at one point and we ended the night cuddling and hugging goodnight.

He’s even texted me when I was stressed asking what was wrong, when he himself was sick. Something my ex-boyfriend would have never done. Now HE is the one who has suggested a second movie night, but again pulled out the “I’ll let you know” card. This time he bailed because he was going out with friends (I heard them talking about it too, so it wasn’t an excuse). But then he brought up again that we will have to have this movie night. So he’s not totally bailing…

He’s also given me a nick name and calls me that frequently which according to google is a good thing, like guys don’t just do that with anyone. (real nick name, not “baby” or anything like that). He’s also offered me rides when I need them.

One other problem is that he seems friendly with other girls, just maybe not to the same extent as he is with me? (Being more so with me I mean, and not saying he isn’t allowed to have other female friends, I just mean I’ve noticed similar interactions). However, I don’t think I’ve noticed him staring at them though like he does with me.

So basically, is he interested? Or is he just a nice guy and this is all in my head?

By the way I’m a senior in University and not good at dating (obviously)! My ex is the one who made all the advances so now I just kind of assume that if a guy is interested he will make it very clear.

Nervous4life
    Participant
    October 8, 2013 at 3:22 am #40760

Hey,
    I’m not an expert (clearly) I just feel like these threads deserve a reply..feel free to weight in on mine.

In my opinion all signs seem to point to him liking you. I can see why you are confused though with him bailing on your plans and what’s odd to me is during hours of texting he never got personal and made things clear. Maybe he is waiting for a sign from you?

I know it’s out of your comfort level but maybe when you guys have a good conversation going during text you could ask him how he feels about you. The reply would let you know if it’s worth pursueing or not. Sometimes we need a push lol.

lolbye000
    Participant
    October 8, 2013 at 4:15 am #40763

He does seem interested. Some guys are better at showing it then others, but it seems like he is in the beginning stage of interest. Just keep talking to him, responding with interest as well and if he keeps bailing on you….I would either bring it up to him that its unacceptable or write him off. But so far everything sounds normal! 🙂

misscanadian
    Participant
    October 8, 2013 at 9:37 am #40769

Nervous4life: Thank-you for your response! To clarify, during texting he does seem to get slightly personal or at least flirty. We aren’t talking about the weather. He will frequently include “awww” in what he is saying, or “:)” “;)” but otherwise, no, he hasn’t outright said anything, even during text. Although it is outside of my comfort level I do plan on bringing this up to him sometime. It would just be nice if it could be in person during a movie night or something as opposed to text or ambushing him after class, haha. But thank you again for your input!

lolbye000: thank-you for your response as well! It was nice to hear that as opposed to my mother’s “keep your options open”. I do plan on continuing interest! I’m just gonna let him do a little more of the work xD such as starting conversations, but otherwise all will be normal!

goldenoak84
    Participant
    October 24, 2013 at 4:49 am #41792

i’m actually in a similar situation right now too.. but i’ve never dated and i didn’t know what to look for so i’m not quite sure if he’s just a nice guy (he really is a nice guy though) or if he actually likes me or not. my friend says all the signs point to being interested.. like body language, finding any reason to touch you (shoulder, arm, hand..), or just plain invasion of personal space lol ..because nobody wants to touch or be near someone he/she doesn’t like. it does seem like he’s interested though, but i’m obviously no expert and still trying to figure out my own mystery 😛