Getting fit together isn't working

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pmag
    Participant
    December 25, 2016 at 2:43 am #121028

I want to be fit. I want that for my girlfriend too. So does she. She complains about how clothes look on her. She is very attractive but could be in better shape. Obviously, I’m on board. She is all talk but little action. I tried to make it a thing we do together. It would benefit our relationship. I’ve been running and/or working out near daily but she doesn’t like running or doing any of my workouts with me. She doesn’t want to exert. Her workouts don’t do it for me. It’s hard to stay motivated if we’re not in it together, but I’m doing ok. She’s not. She got a gym membership months ago but isn’t using it. It’s a sore subject. We both need to lose weight, but only a bit overweight, enough that it’s not helping the sex life. We are at a point in our young adult lives that we need to do this now or we will slip.

How do I make it work?

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:32 am #121055

I prefer women who are somewhat overweight, but if you like in shape women what you’re saying doesn’t bode well. Is there any activity she used to do in the past like dance or softball or whatever that she might want to get back into? This doesn’t sound like something worth making too much of a deal over, but if its a big issue for you I’ve heard it as a complaint from so many friends and coworkers. Pounds tend to accumulate rather than go away.

pmag
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 12:39 am #121180

I like a thick booty and legs as well as the next guy, but I like a shapely (or at least trying-to-be) midsection, The effort to be healthy is more important than the look, to be honest. To answer your question, I’m not aware of any athletic hobbies or sports in her past. She claims that running makes her feel sick. Exercise makes her too sore. She was rail thin into her twenties and now not so much. It is a big issue for me because I’m getting a lot more attention from women now and shouldn’t have to wonder about “what if.” It’s impacted my attraction towards her. We’ve been together for four years and I like her personality quite a bit, but I don’t see myself settling down or having kids with her if she can’t keep up. I foresee the problem worsening. I just want her to try.

pmag
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 7:01 pm #121247

Any advice would be nice. Thanks.

asa1984
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 8:35 pm #121248

As an alternative to going to the gym, there are other underrated forms of physical activity that could make a huge difference that you or may not be aware of. Maybe you guys can go on walks, hikes, ask her what she would like to do on your rest days and help her to understand the benefits of being healthy together and as individuals. Additionally in an effort to help her get into the swing of things you may have to take it to her pace while gradually increasing the intensity. Instead of a daily workout together, make it every other day so that you won’t lose out too much and she won’t be left feeling too sore. It takes time and sometimes we have to give a nudge to get them moving. Hope this helps.