Getting mixed signals here what should I do.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

metfan408
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 8:09 pm #60269

So I was dating a girl for about a month. She then tells me that her ex-boyfriend called her about some of his things she still had. She said that she has no intentions to get back with him but that it made her realize she was not ready to be in a relationship yet as she had recently gotten out of one. At this point I asked her if she wanted to stop talking to me and she said no but that she wanted to take it slow, she even went as far as telling me that she told her friend that she wanted to keep talking to me. I was fine with this but about a week later she tells me that she has thought about it and she does not want the pressure of me waiting for her to be ready. Normally I would just say she is not into me but I asked her to tell me that we did not have a connection and she asked me if that’s what I wanted her to say. I told her that I only wanted her to say that if that is how she felt. She was very quiet but she never told me there was no connection…..

metfan408
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 8:09 pm #60270

I feel like I gave her an easy out if she really is not into me to just tell me. So a month passed by and I decided that I would rather be friends with her than nothing at all. We go hiking the other day and it felt like she kept coming up with reasons for me to stay longer, she asked me to look at a place she may rent for my opinion then wanted to get lunch then asked me to stay for dinner at her place. To clarify this was not just me and her having dinner she had some other friends and family there. But as I was getting ready to leave (she had to take her friends home) she asked me to come with her to drop them off. Then after that she wanted to watch a movie with me. After all of that when I do go home I get a text saying that she really enjoyed spending time with me. Then in the morning I get a totally random text that felt like she wanted to talk to me but didn’t have a good reason so she just texted something random. Now I feel like I am getting mixed signals.

savior15
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 8:23 pm #60272

I would give her time
    She’s probably afraid to jump into a new relationship! Or maybe she’s not completely over her ex and she doesn’t think it’s fair to you if you keep talking! Don’t keep asking her what she wants cause it seems like she doesn’t know what she wants herself! Just let her know u really like her Ann’s whatever she decides is fine with u!

metfan408
    Participant
    August 28, 2014 at 8:45 am #60271

I really like this girl and if there is a chance that something could happen I dont mind giving her space and waiting. On the other hand I do not want to stay hung up on her and she just sees me as a friend. What do you think?