Getting my ex back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Getting my ex back

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

heavengraham
    Participant
    July 22, 2015 at 10:47 pm #83153
    Getting my ex back

So, we did long distance for about 8 months.
    we’re both 17.
    We really really love(d) each other, but eventually I guess it was too much for her. She broke up with me one week ago.
    When she facetimed me, I guessed what was going to happen. We exchanged words amidst tears, and told each other that we love each other so much, but she said that she wasn’t happy anymore.
    We did discuss dating in the future, because I was/am planning to spend my gap year in her country, supporting myself, so I could be close to her.
    She said our relationship would be perfect if we were near each other.
    She didn’t delete all of our pictures off her Instagram, and she said that she’s keeping the things I made for her, while I’m not. I can’t deal with triggers.

I told her I wanted her to be happy, and if I love her, then I’ll let her go. I feel like if we talked it out we’d get back together. Her best friend told me to be patient. I haven’t texted her, but I want to. What should I do?

JDfromNY
    Participant
    July 23, 2015 at 8:36 am #83165

If I were you I would give her some space, and let yourself and her think things through. You are 17, I have been there before, and believe me love is pretty hard at a your age, your experiencing a new feeling.

When you do talk to her be honest, and express how you feel. Also make sure to take sometime to listen to her! If she thinks it wouldn’t work or lost that spark, don’t hang too much up on it, you’d be surprised that you might find somebody you connect with even better!