Gf asked for a break, not sure where we are at

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

imboostin
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 12:25 am #158387

So, my gf (21) came over to my house (i’m 24), and basically ended things, we were together for 4 years. She told me she hasnt been happy and wants a break, told me we became too comfortable with each other and have been ignoring each others needs and I told her I agree what she had to say. The next day we talked again, mostly a lot of crying and her saying she doesn’t want to hurt me, she’s sorry… we talked again that night. I asked her for a real honest answer do you want to be together or not or at least try. She told me as of right now were not together, but says she wants to work on herself and be alone and doesn’t know maybe in a month 2, 3. I asked to give me a time frame for the break and said i’m not waiting around for 5 months, thats not fair to me. She couldn’t give me an answer, she said she wants me to show her that I have changed. That same night she wouldnt leave my car, kept saying i dont want to go, i love you, let me hold you and can I kiss you?

imboostin
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 12:30 am #158388

I hugged her, and told her i’m not kissing her and every time I said ok goodbye then, she would break down even more. I gave her my sweatshirt that i was wearing that night and said you can have this just give it back when were together again. She asked to kiss me again and i said no, she said ok when were together I will get one.I guess what i am asking is how do I handle this and is it over?

I am so confused because she is telling me no, or i don’t know. Yet she is texting my mom about this, told me she doesn’t want to lose me and loves me. I just don’t know how to feel, i feel like im being held over a cliff by the collar of my shirt and at any point she could let go. Everyone ive talked to says its normal relationship stuff and that just give her the space she wants and go from there you’ll be fine.