Gf is friends with a guy she used to hook up with. He still wants her.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Zac
    Participant
    December 10, 2016 at 6:23 am #119689

Me (23yo) and my gf(21) have been together 4 months.
    She has a friend that she has known since she was little. Last summer they hooked up for the first time and it lasted a few months. She then moved to another town, and thats when we met. They still keep in touch alot and she says he is one of her best friends. It bothers me a little bit but out of respect to their friendship I havent said anything, I just told myself to get used to them being friends. She recently told me that he had sent her a message asking when she was coming home (to her hometown) for christmas so that they could hook up. She then told him about me and he got mad at her. He eventually said he would respect our relationship. But then 2 weeks later he sent here the same message.
    My gf talked to a mutual friend of theirs and she told my gf that he had said that he was going to hook up with her during christmas, that he doesnt give a fu*k she is in a relationship with me.
    dnt knw how i should feel about this.

starryeyedprincess
    starryeyedprincess
    Participant
    December 11, 2016 at 3:34 am #119705

I would personally feel threatened.He has worn out your respect and insulted you.If he was actually friends with your girlfriend he would actually respect her relationship with you.My advice is to sit down with your girlfriend and have a conversation about this face to face calmly with no electronics or other people involved in that conversation.I would recommend you try to be reasonable with her and voice how you really feel even if it’s a negative emotion.If you can I would also recommend at least visiting her hometown with her and showing up with her while he’s around to send a more ‘real’ message.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 10:44 am #121223

Don’t worry about that dude! If you’re girlfriend is not interested in him, and she looks at him as a friend, you don’w need to worry! You’re in a relationship with her. Of course you can feel threatened by some guys who wants to hook up with your girlfriend, but if she doesn’t reciprocates it’s all good!