Gf wants to travel, I don't

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Patman
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 7:19 pm #148045

Okay so I’ve been with my girlfriend for almost two years and I love her to bits, she lives 2 hours away from me and I’ve just finished college (I’m 20, she’s 21). She has one more year of college and then she wants to do another year for masters. In order for us to stay together I need to move up to her (she lives in the city) and so I need to save up. She lives at home and has no real financial needs right now except for being a student. I have to start my career so that I can afford a house to move up to her and have a car too. This is going to cost a lot, a lot more than I have right now and so I need to save. She wants to travel to America for a summer which will cost a shit tonne and if I go with her I won’t have any money to be able to move to the city. If I don’t go I’m not sure if we’d be able to stick 3 months together. She said she would leave it but I don’t want her to give up her dreams. I still thinks she wants to go to the US to work for a summer though.. What do I do?

Patman
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 7:21 pm #148046

P.S rent in the city is extremely expensive by the way, we’re talking 600-700 a month

Huma
    Participant
    September 3, 2017 at 3:29 pm #148058

I think talk it out to her. If she loves you, she must understand your problems. You can plan a summer a few months later when you both have put in some more money.

ssadler4
    Participant
    September 4, 2017 at 5:31 pm #148075

Definitely express how you feel about the situation. My boyfriend as travel anxiety and before we go somewhere he as to talk about every possible horrible thing that could happen before he feel comfortable enough to go. I know it sounds weird but that is how he deals with it. So many you could try the same and see how that makes you feel.

David_Chep
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 4:59 pm #148220

i think it is good

CamelBoy
    Participant
    September 7, 2017 at 11:43 pm #148560

It’s only 3 months.. i’ve been there myself in a past relationship and things like Skype/Whatsapp will make the time fly by if you let her go for 3 months while you wait for her? I know it’s not ideal, but its a solution!