Ghosted after 4 months…Need Guys POV!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonymous12345
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 11:14 am #155382

I am a 26 year old female looking for guys POV. I dated a guy that I met on a dating site who was 10 years older than me for almost 4 months. I have never felt about anyone the way I did him. We are both picky about who we date and we had our differences but we never once fought and he was always about being “open” & discussing any issues. The last night with him he seemed distant & finally explains next day very “beat around the bush” style that he isn’t sure if we have a spark but he cares about me & sees potential etc. Said he had a lot going on that wasn’t about me etc. We had a great connection, a lot of physical attraction & we had so much in common & always had a great time together & I’ll never know when or how it fizzled out. I fell for him and still feel the same but he didn’t really know it I guess. He asked me to “give him a little time” & he never returned. Question to follow..

anonymous12345
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 11:15 am #155383

Now, 3 months later, he is constantly viewing my dating profile. At least 7 times in the last week and multiple other times through out the month. Sometimes twice a day. What does this mean? He never deleted me off Facebook, but we haven’t been in contact since. Is it possible that he misses me at all and thinks maybe it could have been good? Do guys ever think they made a mistake down the road and never bother to tell the person? Or is just trying to see if I moved on? It just doesn’t seem normal that he would view my page THAT often to just see if I “moved on”. Should I message him and ask? Thanks.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 4:25 pm #155465

Move on dear! If he wanted you he would let u know! he is just checking to see if you are still available or if you found someone else already.

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 8:45 pm #155499

At least he cared enough to tell you that he needed time. People always ghost me without warning, so the fact that he was willing to tell you that means he definitely did care about you.

In regards to guys dealing with mistakes, I always apologize to both dates and friends if I feel I made a mistake. Not sure how common this is among guys, but if I feel I screwed up I want people to know that it was an honest mistake.

If you feel comfortable, I’d recommend casually sending something like “long time no see”. Don’t mention his viewing of your profile; perhaps he is shy, and calling him out for stalking would only further intimidate him. But if you don’t feel comfortable with him, you should cut communication.

classy93
    Participant
    November 8, 2017 at 1:26 am #155514

As hard as it is, I wouldn’t give your hopes up. The ball is in his court as far as you are concerned

JohnWhite87
    Participant
    November 9, 2017 at 12:25 pm #155759

This is a tough one you and this guy had something good and then he ended for personal reasons. Now he is trying to find a way back in mainly because yes he is trying to see if you have moved on. Its a 50/50 split here now. You still like him and he still likes you but where does that opening come in at is the main question I think you are looking for. So you could casually talk to him online or be bold and say that you notice the attention he has been giving your page depending on how he responds ask questions that gauge what he wants and why he is looking into what you may be doing and don’t forget to address the actual reason of why he left. If you two cant properly talk about those issues I wouldn’t recommend moving any further because you could get hurt again..Will

missmaris
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 1:11 am #155842

I would take him off Facebook. You arent friends and you aren’t together. He most likely is seeing what you are up to to see if you have moved on.
    Delete and move on. If a guy wants you and is ready, he wont let you go.

honey4949
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 5:09 pm #155857

move on hes not into you

Thetoad
    Participant
    November 12, 2017 at 5:23 pm #155931

He had his chance. If he’s got second thoughts, that’s his problem.

mitch9667
    Participant
    November 12, 2017 at 6:16 pm #155941
    Reply To: Ghosted after 4 months…Need Guys POV!

I wouldn’t say he ghosted you. He did say that he needed time. Regardless, I’d say you should move on. He’s probably checking your profile to see if you’ve met someone else. That’s really crappy though, I’m sorry.

anonymous12345
    Participant
    November 13, 2017 at 10:16 am #155950

I appreciate all of these comments. I know it looks stupid reading my question through a screen, but it honestly was very painful to get through these past few months.

anonymous12345
    Participant
    November 13, 2017 at 10:26 am #156033

Definitely not getting my hopes up either. And also to Mitch9667, I left out quite a bit of detail but he did say after that he would “text me soon” and never did. But yeah, been trying to move on and am getting there. Thanks everyone!

BruderMark
    BruderMark
    Participant
    November 13, 2017 at 11:52 am #156096

It is possible that he realizes he made a mistake in ghosting you. Now he is embarrassed and his pride, or his fear that he thinks he is weak won’t let him make the first move towards renewing the romance