Ghosted By A Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Ghosted By A Girl

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Loomis
    Participant
    June 20, 2015 at 4:51 pm #81386
    Ghosted By A Girl

So, I believe I’ve been ghosted by this girl. We were talking every day (phone and text) for two months. We met and hooked up. She was heading out of town for two months right afterward to take a class. We had some brief text exchanges in the meantime. We haven’t had any contact in two weeks. I left a message and sent a text.

She has anxiety issues, as do I. Also we both have some other issues. I know this isn’t the best time in her life or mine. Still, I do like her and would like tp see her when she gets back to town.

Have I been ghosted? Should I follow up with her at some point? Should I simply write her of?

Brunton1
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 10:05 am #81396

Hi there, yes you should contact her and let her know that you are thinking of her and would like very much to see her.
    When one person is apparently shy or nervous it is up to the other to take the initiative. Try not to let yourself be ghosted by
    her by letting her know a bit more about how you feel and how much you enjoyed her company recently. Can you call her and talk
    with her one to one? That would be ideal. Suggest a specific type of thing to do together, like hamburgers at the local take out,
    or a walk somewhere. Tell her how much you would enjoy that so she can picture it in her head. Replace the anxiety with hope
    and your sense of wanting to see her. People like herself need some structure and you can offer that with the simple expression of
    wanting to see her and specifically what you might do when you go out. Be kind hearted and strong too. Try several times, first with
    a call or voicemail. Good Luck and be gentle yet determined.

Loomis
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 6:32 pm #81522

Thanks! I’m still debating if I should call. I think she tried to call me via Facetime on Saturday, but my Mac OS has a bug that didn’t record the number. Still, her number is the only one I know in that area code.

Right now, I cannot suggest a date as she is out of town for about four more weeks.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Loomis. Reason: mistake

vinny
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 11:12 am #84208

Hi just come across this post and the same thing has just happened to me,but after 8 months and 30 dates everyday at 06-30 Good Morning Vincent every night good night 30,000 msg + good mornings/night,everything about her life but it was only ever going to be just friendship as she was gay.Then she got a new partner 1 date with her and I am history.she always said when she went out don’t worry I don’t have a boy friend, she pushed me to the point were I was in the forest hung from a tree.Never has anyone got this close to me and I am married to my 3rd wife no wife friend child nothing go as close as she did my wife was always reading her msg with me but it hurt so much I wanted to take my own life.it was like a worm boring into my head I have found out this is what she does she hates men so much she gets a kick out of it.And married men are her favourite hunting ground I just hope one day the man will not turn on her and get hurt or raped but I can see it happening its sad