Ghosted me after 5 months of talking

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SoloDolo
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 9:03 pm #154403

I met this girl at a music festival in May and spent the entire weekend together there. We hooked up that weekend and began talking/texting everyday. I live in California and she lives in Texas, She told me that no other guy ever comes close to me. I went visit her In July and we had an amazing weekend together. She tells me she misses me, when she goes out with her friends, she wishes I was there with her. Her backstory is she currently has a 3 year old, and she started going back to school this fall, all while working full-time. In September I surprised her by telling her that I’m coming to visit her this November for a weekend. The last few weeks are conversations were real short and we became distant. I texted her I miss her on a Monday, and she didn’t text me until 24 hours later saying, “I miss you too, life has been nuts here, I hope all is well”. That was the last thing she ever texted me, I left a few messages later and non response, it’s been almost 5 days since she replied.

SoloDolo
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 9:18 pm #154405

Follow up to my message, so I already purchased a plane ticket to see her that weekend, I’m still going out there since I already took the time off and booked the flight. Should I text her before when I’m there, maybe plan on meeting up for dinner or lunch? Or I shouldn’t text her at all?

brm2718
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 11:53 am #154429

If she’s the kind of person who is going to ghost you after a long time of talking with no explanation, she’s not the kind of person you want to be spending you energy on. I would make a nice vacation out of the trip and move on

anonymous12345
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 10:49 am #155374

Since I was just ghosted as well, I can say no, do not text her. Like the person above said, make the trip for yourself…It was easier for her to just disappear since you are not there, and you don’t deserve to be treated that way. I am not sure how strong your feelings were for her but a person who ghosts shows how much they truly value you…It is cowardly and selfish and doesn’t take into account the feelings of the other person at all.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 4:18 pm #155459

Dont text her