Ghosted, No Response, Never Heard From Again

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

reitteg813
    Participant
    December 30, 2015 at 2:49 pm #90738

Theres this girl I met online, shes 19, I’m 23. Went on 3 dates in 3 weeks, went great. First was dinner and got ice cream and walked around the city and talked for a bit. Said she had a great time and said we should get together again. Second time was just cuddling watching movies and she cooked for us. Went great. Our personalities just click and we have fun together and have sooo much in common. Third date is bowling followed by going downtown to see Christmas lights and then back to my place to watch a movie together. Said she had a great time again and wanted to meet up again. Skip the next weekend cause she had finals. Monday rolls around and she asks if im busy cause she wants to hang out. tuesday we make plans to meet up wednesday, we set a time and place, just hours after making plans she cancels, a day goes by no text or call so I call her twice, no answer, I give up, never heard from her since.never seen something happen so sudden. anyone had this happen?

sunshine5000
    Participant
    December 31, 2015 at 5:21 am #90755

sometimes peoples feelings change for whatever reason, it sucks but it happens!

meepmoop
    Participant
    December 31, 2015 at 12:46 pm #90763

try giving her space.

reitteg813
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:12 am #90739

Some background info. We live 1.5 hours apart, that was something we were hesitant about from th start. We agreed its less than ideal, but we could just give it a shot. When I left her place after our second time hanging out she says “Sorry you had to drive all the way here.” I say its cool. And shes 19, and ill admit, when i was 19 i doubt id be driving 1.5 hours to see a girl. im thinking the distance may be an issue and she just didnt see it working out so she ended it, but id think shed at least tell me, but I know women dont like talking to the person theyre seeing when issues pop up and ignoring is the most common thing, so that may be it. Shes also been busy between 2 jobs, classes, training for her future job, the gym. divorced parents and shes been moving back and forth between living with her mom and a friend, and maybe her dad.

reitteg813
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:12 am #90766

thats what im doing. im not liking anything on any social media, no calling , texting, no viewing snapchat stories. nothing. She seems to be in a different mood based of what shes been posting on snapchat (I found a way to view them without her knowing). Before I think she was just verys tressed out with work, school, training to become certified in something in the state and then nationally, and training to get into her next job, her fiends were away out of state at school. Now shes on winter break, no classes, no training, hardly any stress, friends are back for winter and she just seems different.

reitteg813
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:12 am #90757

true, but that sudden? Going from “hey are you busy tomorrow, we should hang out” and the very next day making plans and then just hours later cancelling them and never hearing from her again? I’ve found usually when feelings change it happens over the course of a few days/week and you see it coming cause texts become shorter and stuff. But we were going so well from day 1 up until the last text I ever got from her. One thing I’m thinking it may be is the distance. We do live 1.5 hours apart. and its not like we were in a relationship for a year and then one of moved away. We started from the very beginning with no feelings towards each other yet, just wanting to meet up, being 1.5 hours apart. and for our second date she texted me her address and said “I might be a bit far from you though” and we bother agreed with how busy we are and how far apart we are its less than ideal but we thought wed give it a shot. and when i left her house she said sorry you had to drive all the way here.

reitteg813
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:12 am #90767

yeah i have been. havent contacted her in any way ever since

reitteg813
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:12 am #90768

try giving her space.

Yeah I havent contacted her in any way. Havent liked anything on social media or anything.