DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girl i work with with long distance boyfriend

Author
    Comments

• O5iri5
    Participant
    September 24, 2016 at 10:02 pm #112421
    Girl i work with with long distance boyfriend

So I just moved to a new city.. far away from where I am from.
    I got a new job in a setting of 30-40 people and over the first few weeks have spent endless time with an amazing girl, who has a boyfriend a 4 hour drive away.
    She talks about how much she wants to get married, dreads the long winter drives to see him.
    She is very flirty, touchy and friendly.. and i honestly think her to be one of the more amazing people ive ever met.
    Is it okay to just ask her out?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  O5iri5.

pwazzle
    Participant
    September 25, 2016 at 3:50 am #112425

As a girl who was in a “long-distance” – 4.5h drive away – head over heels for my man, at some point I did meet this other guy I really liked. I was just like you say flirty, touchy, friendly around him because I couldn’t help myself, there was this crazy chemistry between us. He did ask me out for drinks. I would’ve loved to go out with him. I just thought that if I did, even if nothing happened, it would be weird for my boyfriend, because if he did the same behind my back I would be completely crushed. Out of respect for him I stopped looking for this friend. So I’d like to tell you to just be around her casually, don’t force anything. Out of respect for her too. If they eventually breakup for some other reason, you can go get her.

Coconutty
    Coconutty
    Participant
    September 26, 2016 at 4:18 am #112444

If shes in love with someone else and you make it uncomfortable you might lose her as a friend. If shes amazing and happy then either have a great friend for life or risk it all for a chance of love. I get that love is worth a risk sometimes but a friendship is love. Maybe one day if its meant to be will be but at this point she makes it clear she loves her man and wants to be with him.

EBarbz
    Participant
    September 28, 2016 at 2:11 pm #112773

If she has a BF, even if its long distance, I would not ask her out. If its meant to be, eventually the long distance relationship will not work out between them.