Girl acting really rude, don't know how to react other than laugh

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Arsher123
    Participant
    September 28, 2017 at 10:06 pm #150841

My new co-worker (a month and a half old in the job) is acting really rude towards me. She’s 23, comfortable around anybody, and laughs a lot. We kinda had a small attraction in the begining, she was taping me, asking for massages etc. But then she changed. Maybe was my fault, I made some unwanted comments about other girls when she was staring at their pictures on facebook (I unintentionally called them fat and big boobs, etc). And now she thinks I’m a piece of shit. We are only 5 workers, and everytime I make a comment she instanly shuts me up, says my opinion is unwanted, that she doesn’t care about me, etc. My reaction: I laugh (but the other guys start mocking me). She literally lost all respect she had towards me. She also insinuated that I’m weak man. I’m 28. She is feeling a couple levels superior to me. And has been like this for the past 2-3 weeks. I’m not in love with her, but I kinda like her and wish she was my friend again. How to gain more respect? Any girls advice ?

TreeLady
    TreeLady
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 3:31 pm #150980

Get clarification from her. Find a time to talk to her alone and ask her directly, “Are you treating me like this because of the comments I made?” If she says yes, then you follow up with, “I’m sorry if I offended you. Occasionally I say stupid things, like everyone else. I don’t like that it has affected our friendship.” If she says, “Okay, well that’s it then” or something like that then you can move on. If she acts like she’s still upset then you break out with, “Look, we have to work together here. What can I do to get past this?” If she responds with a rude comment, then just shrug and walk away. That’s on her. She will probably say “I don’t know” at which point you can say, “Well, I’m willing.” And leave it at that.

If, when you ask her about the comments, she says she has a different problem with you, the important thing to do is just listen. Let her get it off her chest. When she has finished telling you the problem just say that you will think about how to fix that.

DavidJohnson
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 5:57 pm #151026

You should leave her) Men try this site, I am sitting now with my girlfriend from Ukraine, who really came to me yesterday. Its real!
    Best Dating Site! With web-cam chat!

joe565
    Participant
    September 30, 2017 at 1:29 am #151037

While the comments you made were inappropriate, it is just as inappropriate for her to make comments like that in front of other coworkers. I would just let her know that you are sorry if you upset her and would like to keep things civil, she isn’t going to befriend you immediately but at least if you get back to decent terms working together maybe down the road she’ll think differently.

kybaby27
    Participant
    September 30, 2017 at 9:44 am #151045

I would ask for a time to talk to her about everything in private and if that doesn’t work then don’t give her any attention. Find someone else to be your friend or focus.