Girl agreed to second date, had to reschedule, but now barely communicates?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ddpu93
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 3:42 pm #68342

There’s this girl I work with that I had been interested in for a couple months, so I took the plunge and asked her out. She agreed and we went out for some hot chocolate and a movie. We talked a lot and there weren’t any awkward moments, and I felt as if things went well over all. There was no kiss or anything, but the overall feeling was that it went well.

We continued texting over the next few days so I figured it was as good a time as any to ask her out on a second date (this was on a Sunday). She said she was probably going to be busy the upcoming weekend but that she would get back to me after her meeting on Monday. I’m a reasonable man so I said that was fine. She never got back to me so I asked her when I saw her at work and she still didn’t have a definite answer (this was on a Tuesday).

I waited again and she finally texted me on Wednesday night. I waited and waited to see if she would ever bring up the weekend and she never brought it up, so I just asked her again.

ddpu93
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 3:43 pm #68344

She said she could go out Friday but that she would have to be in early because she had to be up early on Saturday and had a lot going on that day. I understood that and believed her so I came up with something simple and would have her home by 10.

I could tell she was uneasy about how much stuff she had going on so I just said “Hey if you have a lot to do this weekend we can reschedule for after Thanksgiving?” She seemed relieved when I said that but replied with, “Yes that would be lovely.” I also know for a fact she had a lot of stuff to do that weekend. Now its the next week and she hasn’t texted me at all, even after texting her twice. I’m assuming she’s just busy with friends and family, but I’m also leaning toward the fact that she doesn’t want to go out again. I’m confused as to why she would would agree to another date?

My question to anyone is do I ask her ,”Hey I’m getting the feeling that you don’t want to go out again, which is fine no hard feelings, but if thats the

ddpu93
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:23 am #68345

case I want to know?” Something along those lines anyway. Or do I just let it go? We still work together twice a week so I feel like just ignoring everything will just make it even more awkward. HELP!

ddpu93
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:23 am #68346

case I just want to know?” Would this be acceptable or should I just let it go? We work together so I feel without addressing the situation it’ll be awkward.

effdoubleyew
    Participant
    December 4, 2014 at 12:45 pm #68677

You’re confused about why she would agree to another date. Personally, when someone I date asks if I want to hang out again, I usually say “Sure” or “Yes” just to avoid awkwardness (I know I’m a coward). A lot of people have a hard time saying no, even if they want to. Sometimes it’s best to just take a hint, or in your case, directly confront her. Your question seems totally reasonable. Whether she says “No, I don’t want to go out again” OR she doesn’t respond with a clear answer then you know she’s uninterested. It could turn out the other way though. Wish you the best!

mmmikey13
    Participant
    December 4, 2014 at 10:25 pm #68731

hi