Girl at work had a crush on me but my question is does she still have feelings?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Ryan Lueders
    Participant
    August 16, 2014 at 5:25 am #59503

I asked a girl out who is beautiful and flirts with me. The first day I met her someone threw something and it landed beside her and I picked it up and she was making a “OMG I can’t believe he is that close to me face” or maybe I mistook it for something else. I talked about her with a friend and the friend told her then she came back and asked if I was mad at her I said yes. Later that day I said bye to her while she was busy. My words exactly “psst, bye” I came back to get my drink and I find her telling her friend about how I said bye to her. After all this a week later I see her again at work and I ask her out. She says “Leeet me get back to you on that” I ask her are you dating? She says she is talking to someone. A little while after I tell her I’m no longer interested because I don’t wanna be her second chance. I am confused about all this can a girl please explain what all of this means? Does this girl like me? Did I lose my chances with her after what I said?

melandrien
    Participant
    August 16, 2014 at 7:22 am #59504

Look, you had 2 options after you declared your interest – either tell her you’re ok with her talking to somebody else while you wait, or you’re not. If you said you wait, you would basically agree to be her backup plan. No way.

Of course exact phrasing and body language when you told her is also important, however you did well to keep your head up.

melandrien
    Participant
    August 16, 2014 at 7:26 am #59505

And by the way – I would think twice about starting something with a girl who told me that. If she likes you, she can go have a coffee with you no matter what, you didn’t ask her to marry you, did you. Or if she doesn’t (or is in a relationship), she can simply say ‘no’. What she told you is actually pretty stupid. I’d say you back off.

hdiaz
    Participant
    August 18, 2014 at 9:23 am #59546

“Let me get back to you on that” not a good sign