Girl didn't respond to my date offer, What now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mmmikey13
    Participant
    December 4, 2014 at 10:26 pm #68733

So, I met a girl on a dating app. We’ve been texting on Facebook for a few days. Finally asked for her number today and she gave it to me immediately.
    Then texted her:
    Me: Hey, It’s Mike 🙂 7:05
    Her: Hey what’s up *blush face* 7:08
    Me: Just thinking we should hang out sometime, are there any times that are better for you? 🙂 7:11

Then no reply.
    Why would she give me her number if she wasn’t interested?
    What should I say next?
    It was just odd to me. Thanks in advance!

jholcomb2015
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 2:26 am #68902

How long has it been since she texted you?

I don’t think that a girl giving you her number means she is interested necessarily. In my opinion, you should have told her to tell you her schedule and then planned an exact time and place.

Rachel88
    Rachel88
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 8:34 am #68904

I notice that your post was a few days ago – has she replied since?

If you were messaging each other on Facebook then it shows that she likes you enough to give you access to her Facebook page. A girl giving you her number doesn’t necessarily mean that she’s interested, but in my opinion the fact that she gave you her mobile number and replied to your message fairly quickly indicates that she is interested. Obviously I don’t know her and the full situation to be sure though.

If she still hasn’t replied then maybe she hasn’t actually met anyone off of this dating app before, or felt nervous about meeting you and just freaked out when you asked her. In which case, it’s been a few days now, so if you spoke regularly before and really like her maybe just send a general ‘hey, how have you been?’ or something. That way you put yourself out there once more. If she still doesn’t reply then just think of it as a lesson learned and talk to other girls. If she’s interested she will reply.

SamsungUser86
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 9:58 am #68920

Depends on how long you were talking to her. I mean, if you just met her and already are asking to meet that might have come off too soon. Honestly, there is nothing anyone here that could say that will be the exact truth. If she’s already being flighty I would say move on. I had a girl recently that straight up told me that she definitely wanted to hang out with me again and that she enjoyed hanging out with me, and when I asked her when she would be free next she never responded so I let it go. If you call her and she never calls you back then you’ll have your answer.

shawn8886
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 3:49 pm #68927

I think its too early for you to ask. Have you ever talked with her on the phone? Chatting with her doesn’t mean that she’s considering to hangout with you. She’s probably taking you as a friend only.
    If she hasn’t replied, be nice and tell her that you won’t mind if she couldn’t. just keep talking and find reasons to keep talking.

felicitySmoak
    Participant
    December 9, 2014 at 8:16 pm #68936

Personally I would say chat on the phone a bit first before asking to meet her in person

George Reagan
    George Reagan
    Participant
    December 10, 2014 at 10:00 pm #69064

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I think a girl who gives a guy her phone number is expecting a PHONE CALL. If she still wanted to read messages, the dating app was doing the trick just fine. Text messaging is a poor substitute for your voice. A phone call is almost always a bold move compared to texting, so make the bold move. Btw, I think it is still worth a shot to give this girl a call; if she answers – great. If not – there will always be the next one. Good luck!

pearl01
    Participant
    December 13, 2014 at 3:51 pm #69136

‘Hey What’s up” from her is not a good sign.. Call her on the phone and ask her out If you like her and want to get to know her go for it and don’t be sorry about it.