Girl I am sort of dating is rooming with her ex boyfriend. complicated situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girl I am sort of dating is rooming with her ex boyfriend. complicated situation

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kaloslee
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 1:44 am #60192

Basically, the girl whom I believe is the love of my life recently broke up with her ex a while ago for me and she just left for school a few days ago. The problem is, she and her ex had already set up to room together for the school year and they have been friends so long that there really is no chance of them splitting up. (unless she can get a dorm to herself.)
    I’m having such a hard time dealing with this as we technically are not dating currently because she needed time to think about everything. We just met a month ago and she abruptly ended things with her ex for me. (for reasons I still do not understand.)
    I am having such a hard time adjusting to her being gone and intend to move closer to her this Winter. We both are in love with each other but with her ex still not knowing why she broke up with him, and still loving her, is making this so complicated. To top it off they room together..
    How is one suppose to deal

1000 characters is not enough to explain all of this..

kaloslee
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 1:56 am #60193

with this? I am so in love with her and she loves me but is not very good at dealing with her feelings and the pressure of living with her ex and the chance a long distance relationship can go wrong is why she wanted some time to think. Also due to the fact that we just met. I 100% want to do a long distance relationship simply because I am going to see her in a month, and she will be back for Xmas where I will then move roughly 30 minutes away from her for school myself. So we can make it work, its just this ex boyfriend that is in the way.
    Also its killing me thinking what possibly could happen with me not there. She is quite horny and shes a lightweight when it comes to drinking. They drank tonight. (At a friends dorm with more people so not together.) I say to myself and her I trust her 100% but its just so damn hard not knowing. As long as I have knowledge of how things are going between them, I’m fine. But when I don’t know it kills me.
    I doubt anyone has had this type of

kaloslee
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 8:44 am #60194

experience but maybe you have. How do I deal with this? A simple solution is to just move on. But I am not at that road yet and neither is she. We want this to work but with how she is as a person, she just needs to think this through.
    If you need more info feel free to ask, i’ll be up late thinking about it all.

socal93
    Participant
    August 27, 2014 at 9:49 pm #60274

Trust is key to any LDR, long distance relationship, I know from experience… Have you spoken to her regarding how you feel about the entire situation with her rooming with her ex? To me the first step would be discussing how you feel about the entire thing… It’s normal to worry and be slightly paranoid but let it get the better of you.

littlenurse90
    Participant
    August 28, 2014 at 4:35 pm #60317

You need to trust her, but im not sure if i would trust him he may have the wrong intentions

amberosa84
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 7:56 pm #60447

Yea I think trusting her is the best you can do… make sure to send her flowers and make it known she is with you and you care about her.

WishingWell
    Participant
    September 1, 2014 at 1:54 am #60465

I would feel uncomfortable just as you are! I would trust her for now until you think things become strange…