Girl I met

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girl I met

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

matty145
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 11:11 pm #153669
    Girl I met

So I met this girl at a college party, she thought I was cute so I got her number. We went to a few other parties together and had a lot of fun and I’ve slept over at her place a couple times. Now it seams every time I text her to hangout or do something she’s busy. I haven’t hung out with her for just under two months, so I basically said “I got your number to hangout, not to just text you.” And she responded with a day we could hangout at her place. We text a lot and she initiates the conversations about 50% of the time. And I think she’s in to me, but I find myself having to really push her to hangout or to see her. I’m thinking she may be playing hard to get or I’m just being too pushy and she’s taking me for granted. Should I maybe stop texting her for a while and see if she initiates something? What you guys think? Thanks.

rich1001
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 11:31 pm #153670

girls are such flakes its hard to say just by texting what they are thinking. one thing you dont want to do (and will never be successufl) is coming across needy via your texting habits. Its hard to do since you really want to see her. I wouldn’t text her for at least a couple weeks. Then message her with a really fun date/group hangout idea. See how that goes. Also it wouldnt hurt to ignore her texts a couple times..give it a try and see what happens

matty145
    Participant
    October 23, 2017 at 6:39 pm #153778

Yea that’s what I kind of figured. I’ll just ignore her for a while and see what happens. Thank!

Cassie119300
    Participant
    October 23, 2017 at 9:17 pm #153779

Hello, I would just ease off of trying to make plans a bit with her, see if she will reach out to you, focus more on yourself, and the rest shall follow. It will intrigue her as to why you’ve stopped trying so hard.

calicomoth
    Participant
    October 24, 2017 at 6:35 am #153785

She might by shy, but if she’s initiating and following through with conversation then she must be into it. You can try asking her to go out along with friends. Or to meet up at another party.

matty145
    Participant
    October 24, 2017 at 3:50 pm #153810

I know she’s into me, I think I’ve just come across as needy and pushy so I’m gonna give her space and see if she initiates a conversation. I’m done asking her into hangout, if she wants to meet somewhere she can ask me. Does this sound like a good plan?

matty145
    Participant
    October 24, 2017 at 3:50 pm #153829

I think I’ve just been too pushy and maybe too clingy. I’m just gonna give her some space.

sasha.bells
    Participant
    October 24, 2017 at 4:14 pm #153890

Hello, I think you should….if she really likes you, she will definitely call you and make plans.

matty145
    Participant
    October 24, 2017 at 6:32 pm #153919

I kind of sent a text to her on Sunday night.

Me: So I think you’ve been leading me on for sometime and don’t really wanna hangout. I’m gonna stop wasting my time.

Her: I’m really not trying to.

Me: Well you say we’re gonna hangout, and then you bail every time. And you ditched me at the hockey game.

Her: I had plans with my friends, after the game.

Me: I did too. But I just wanted to talk to you for a few minutes.

Her: oh ok

I feel like I may have been a bit harsh, since I’ve been a little bit pushy and clingy, but I have not texted her or anything since Sunday. Do you think I owe her an apology or should I just keep quiet?

nicole
    Participant
    October 25, 2017 at 12:23 am #153929
    Reply To: Girl I met

I wouldn’t apologize for the texts, if those were her actual responses she didn’t seem that concerned. I would just back off and see if she comes back around.