Girl I've been seeing keeps reminding me that we are not boyfriend and girlfrien

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girl I've been seeing keeps reminding me that we are not boyfriend and girlfrien

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

skullcrusher69
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 10:48 pm #71825

So I’ve been seeing this girl for about 2 months now and so far everything has been going relatively well. We’ve had a couple disagreements but have talked through them relatively well for the most part. We had a little argument yesterday because I saw her phone and saw that another guy she used to date was still talking to her so I told her this bothered me. We then had a small disagreement and she said she knew that I had talked to my ex more recently than I had previously stated which was true but it was only to tell her that our joint pet had passed away. She said “you’re still talking to your ex and informing her about things.. it’s ok tho. I’m not your gf.. you can do whatever you want.” then I said something about showing emotions and she reiterated. “I’m not your gf Mike. Why do I need to show so much emotion and physical things to you.” I don’t really know how to take this. I feel like it could be one of two things. Either she’s annoyed that I haven’t asked her to be my girlfriend and she keeps throwing it in my face or she’s trying to set boundaries and tell me she’s going to talk to whomever she want’s and I can do the same. I’m really unsure what she is trying to say. she was definitely upset about me talking to my ex… what do you think?

Expat
    Participant
    January 26, 2015 at 2:33 am #71831

Honestly, sounds like a relationship that’s doomed to fail in the end. But in the now, I’d say that yes, she’s upset you haven’t asked her to be your gf yet. And she’s getting tired of waiting. Talking with her ex is a clear sign that her thoughts are wondering to options other than you. You either need to go exclusive with her or break things off.

skullcrusher69
    Participant
    January 26, 2015 at 11:09 am #71841

Thanks for your reply. I’m thinking maybe you’re right about it being doomed. I definitely feel less good about it now than I did previous to this argument. It’s like she wants me to commit or she’s going to be an ahole but i’m not going to commit unless she stops being an ahole. sounds like it’s not going anywhere fast.