Girl not responding while I am overseas

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mrniceguy
    Participant
    October 8, 2013 at 4:42 pm #40834

I met this girl online, and we had 3 dates together. I like her. She was always eager to meet up, even canceling plans. She has always been quick to respond to texts and phone calls, and apologetic when she couldn’t so fast. When I told her I was going to Europe for two weeks and wanted to see her before I leave, she even offered to help me pack. I had her over for dinner and packing.
    I arrived in Europe a week ago. I’ve had a little trouble with texting overseas, but she sent me a message when I got here. She also gave me her email because it would be easier to communicate. I sent her an email, she responded, I responded, then nothing. I text her Friday to wish her a good weekend and she texts me back the next day wishing me well too. I call her Sunday night and leave a message. No response. It’s unlike how she has been to this point. So I wonder what may have changed?
    Was I too needy? Could the distance be killing the momentum? Maybe she is just busy, but I she has made time for me in the past? Should I just wait until I get back to contact her again? How do I handle this situation? Thanks.

skrillex4life
    skrillex4life
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:35 am #41290

You’ve got to play it cool. You can’t expect a girl you’ve only been out with 3 times to put her life on hold while you are away. Enjoy your time over there and try to reconnect when you get back.

rum_tum_tum
    rum_tum_tum
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:41 am #41301

yeah i don’t really see that big of a problem here, you just need to be patient. if you are judging if this girl likes you (which she seems to) based on the quickness of her responses, then you will never be satisfied, especially while you are oversees.

MindFreak
    MindFreak
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 5:42 pm #41337

Just be patient, she probably likes you though