Girl says she is into her career right now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

avin
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 2:39 pm #103852

It was a match with this girl on a dating app. I met her after a few months in February and met her 5times since then. We had a really good time whenever we met and found that she was a lot similar to me in all respects.

During one of these meetings, she said that she is currently into her career and not in the dating app anymore.

I told her that i like her last Sunday. I understand that I told her in a very short period and we don’t know each other very well. I told her that if we could meet more often and see where things go. She told that she was a in a relationship with a guy before and things went really bad and she is still trying to get off it. She also said that she doesn’t even know me well, and doesn’t want to get into a relationship right now and wants to concentrate on her work. I responded to her saying that i just wanted to be true to her without hiding anything and hence i opened up to her.

I always think about her, and regret telling her so soon about what i feel.

AdaWild
    AdaWild
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 11:44 pm #103911

wait, did you meet personally with her? or have you just been talking on match?

avin
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 1:16 am #103918

I met her personally

hexedronin
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 3:13 am #103921

Well…
    Be diligent. stand your ground. don’t walk away. She says she’s really into work right now, so leave her alone, let her work. if you’re feeling brave ask her when is a good time to contact her again. Last a week, (or a month, depends) drop a text or something call her, and ask how she is doing. if she’s good, ask for a date. if not, give her another week (or month)

waiting4snow
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 11:27 am #103933

I think it is best to respect her decisions. You can check on her in a month or so, but without stalking her;. just a quick text message etc

Egoist
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 1:56 pm #103936

Move on! NO GIRL EVER says that they are focusing on their career if they met a guy they genuinely liked. Dating apps are a slippery slope because many of the girls have the same MO. In any case you questioned her about her intentions and she told you. Take it for what it’s worth and like others have said respect her space and move on!!!

Anonymous
    June 23, 2016 at 3:17 pm #103946

I agree with egoist. Move on…she’s not that into you! Speaking as a lady…she gave you the polite brush off. I’m sure everything she said is true, but you probably came across as a little too eager for the kind of mindset she is in. So let her go. If you want to grab her attention, then back off and put the ball in her court. If she is interested, she will contact you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.