Girl wants to hang out but has a boyfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sindu5673
    Participant
    June 2, 2015 at 9:42 pm #80041

I met this one girl at my new job, she was hired on the same and we quickly hit it off. We became friendly, taking our brakes together and chit chat every time we would bump into each other. She confessed she liked talking to me. A few weeks ago she resigned because she needed to travel out of state for a few weeks. I offered to hang out she would be back, to which she agreed with enthusiasm. I added her on facebook, she accepted the request apologizing for her empty profile which raised some red flags
    As she is back in town I texted her to go get lunch together, she quickly replies back agreeing to go out. Then I ask her how her weekend was she replies “I spent time with friends, and my boyfriend”. I wasn’t too sure what to do next, but wanted to play it cool. I asked her how long they had been together, she replied “since age 20 (she is now 28), it’s been a long time, too long!” After that she just change the conversation subject.
    I’m confused.

JonathanG
    JonathanG
    Participant
    June 3, 2015 at 8:55 am #80050

Hey, she keeps talking to you and more important she said “too long”. She has a real interest in you.
    However, you might consider this way of behavior for your possible mutual future

GMX2K
    GMX2K
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 8:26 pm #80244

I was going to say she probably just likes hanging with you as a friend until that “too long” thing. Although, it could just mean she wants him to propose.

I wouldn’t read too far into it at this point. Don’t deliberately steal her away from her boyfriend, and don’t start the relationship by letting her cheat with you – if she cheats with you she could also cheat on you. Not to mention her current boyfriend might be a professional wrestler or something and if he finds out it may be trouble, lol.

Prumpin
    Participant
    June 5, 2015 at 12:28 pm #80307

Hi,

There are 2 possibilities to this situation and I will be honest with you,

Possibility #1
    She has a slight crush on you and wants to be your friend. Since you have never hung out outside of work or chat, perhaps she just wants to get to know you better and see what you are like in person.

Possibility #2
    Shes into you, enough to consider you. She wants to see what you are really like and get to know you better outside of work and texts. Perhaps her boyfriend is not giving her signs that he will propose to her and she doesn’t want to wait any longer. Perhaps their relationship is not going well. Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps and the list goes on but here is what I would be very careful about if I were you. If she ever cheats on her boyfriend with you then you will know at that point that she is not the one. Would you want your wife sleeping with other men? Would you ever trust her again in a “relationship way” after that? Ask yourself that and make your most logical decision.

nix23
    nix23
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 4:56 pm #81139

It sounds like she is looking for a fling or she has just friend zoned you.

ayem8
    Participant
    June 20, 2015 at 3:01 pm #81381

FZ maybe? not entirely sure there

bmv7288
    Participant
    June 26, 2015 at 11:20 pm #81685

either friendzoned or she wants to hook up lol

sampire
    Participant
    June 27, 2015 at 8:14 am #81690

Just seems like you might have a good chemistry but wouldnt go deep in the relationship pool. I agree with the frriendzone and take it from there