Girl was really into me. Now she won't text me back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

snowballer
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 9:10 am #94021

So I’m not usually one to get hung up over a girl but this one has me trippin balls. (We are both 17 btw) Let me explain. I was at a party when I met her for the first time, I could tell she was into me, we were flirting quite heavily. We ended up making out and talking together for the last 2 hours and we were both enjoying ourselves. At the end of the night I was talking and saying we should grab food and she was really down and she made me promise to text her the next day. I thought I was on a winner till the next morning when I texted her something casual/funny the next morning (nothing seedy) and I didn’t get a response. It had delivered tho and everytime I checked it said she was last active 2 minutes ago or something like that. So I waited until bout 8 o’clock that night and I just said to her something along the lines of ‘hey hope you had fun yesterday, wondering if you wanna go out over the weekend?’ But I didn’t get a response.

snowballer
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 9:14 am #94022

Part 2: she replied the following day saying ‘ yeah it was good☺️Ye I would but I’m super busy this weekend 😞’ and I iust said that it was fine and maybe we could go out some other time and then just tried starting a conversation that didn’t involve us meeting up so I just brought up something that we both found funny from the night before but she’s just leaving the message again. I’m usually not the person to get caught up but I’m just so confused because she seemed so into it when we were together at the party and now she’s not even replying when she’s online. I’m not going to message her till she replies cause that would make it WAY worse so I’ll just leave it. I’ve never fallen so hard for a girl in my life. Send Help!

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 7:37 pm #94033

Honestly, I would let this one go. We’ve all been there, so I know the feeling and the ego bruise. For whatever reason the girl has decided to take a step back. If a girl likes you she’ll text you back right away, and she will make sure you find a time to get together. You’ve done your job expressing interest and asking her out. Move on to the next one unless/until this one gets back to you with an answer you like.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 22, 2016 at 12:10 pm #94080

Getting together at a party is one thing. Getting together after a party is another thing entirely.

snowballer
    Participant
    February 23, 2016 at 9:07 am #94115

Honestly, I would let this one go

After I said that it was fine and maybe we could go out someother time she said yeh sure but I don’t know if she was just entertaining me. We’ve been texting but it’s slow AF, like one text a day between us cause she doesn’t reply for ages but I don’t push it. I’m not gonna give up until this weekend cause I’ll see if she wants to go out and if she’s too busy I’ll just drop her and move on. It’s pretty hard though because I’ve never felt like I had a connection with someone so quickly like that, and now for all I know it’s gone. But I’ll take a chance, Id never know if I didn’t try. Thanks

snowballer
    Participant
    February 23, 2016 at 9:07 am #94116

Getting together at a party is one thing. Getting together after a party is another thing entirely.

I guess I’m just stumped by it because she was really into going out sometime throughout that following week. Id usually agree because getting together at a party is a pretty casual thing but she was talking about doing stuff through the week so I thought maybe it was something more. God damn this has got me mad hung up

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 1:49 pm #94596

Honestly, I would let this one go

I don’t know if she was just entertaining me.

If the girl was truly interested she would have said something along the lines of, “Hey, would love to but I’m super busy this weekend 🙁 Can we pick a day next week/weekend?” It’s expressing real interest instead of a passive no. A girl will ALWAYS make time for a guy she likes. We’ve all been there, bro. It sucks when things aren’t mutual, but you’ll find another hot girl with more time for you!

Gendal
    Participant
    March 1, 2016 at 5:59 am #94680

feels bad, in the same situation here

needsomehelpanon33
    Participant
    March 3, 2016 at 7:10 pm #94946

Something may be going on… just chill you’re good! 🙂

teamscon
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 5:00 pm #94994
    Reply To: Girl was really into me. Now she won't text me back

So glad I don’t meet girls at parties anymore I’m sorry my friend :/

ScaryTimes
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 4:28 pm #95038
    Reply To: Girl was really into me. Now she won't text me back

I am 43 and finding almost the same thing. We texted like crazy, we met for a date, all went great i thought and now she take like 2-3 times every 3-4 hours. I rather get the “i am not into you” text than little text to keep me hanging on