Girl with a Boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girl with a Boyfriend

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:26 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pens1863
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 8:15 pm #151676
    Girl with a Boyfriend

So I met this girl working in a auto store and we talked for almost 2 hours while i had to wait for my car to be worked on. We had things in common and she was very friendly. I went back two weeks later to get more work done on my car and we talked again and I asked her on a date. She said while smiling and giggling that she had a boyfriend and that she was sorry. I saw her again about two weeks later and we talked again for a while and we seem to have things in common. I can’t tell if she is being nice to me because i was a customer in her store or if she really liked me. My question is, should I ask her on a date again or just leave it alone? Do girls just say they have a boyfriend right off the bat because they want to see if the guy is serious? Do you think I would make things awkward if I asked again?

Thank

Adambates
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 8:46 pm #151678

I wouldn’t ask again that would cause for a very awkward situation and it might make it hard for you to return to that auto store again if she’s ever there. It sounds like she’s just being nice because you’re a customer, she has already said that she has a boyfriend so you know to keep your distance but that doesn’t mean she can’t have a conversation with you, she is working at an auto store all day so she’ll have been bored and would have wanted to talk to someone.. that lucky person being you.

anon510
    Participant
    October 5, 2017 at 10:54 pm #151679

I would say you shouldn’t ask again; even if she doesn’t have a boyfriend, she’s indicating that she doesn’t want a relationship. If she’s interested , she will approach you.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 1:29 pm #151816

never give more weight to service interaction other than “its their job to talk and be nice to you.” NEVER!
    #2 – she rejected you right away and said “no” (doens’t matter the reason.

That means zero interest here. Let her go.
    A woman that is interested wouldn’t reject you and say no to you. She was trying to help you save face by saying “she had a bf” and hope you’d get the clue.

let her go.

jojo0
    Participant
    October 6, 2017 at 6:04 pm #151871

my advice to you is to remain distant and respect her relationship. Besides, even if she was to leave her bf to pursue you, you can’t really trust her to be faithful to you.

emillyy
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 3:31 pm #151881

1. if shes interested she wouldnt have told you that she had a bf when she really doesnt.

2. If she actually has a bf you should respect that.

pens1863
    Participant
    October 16, 2017 at 7:27 pm #152980

So I saw this girl again at the store and we flirted a little. She told me to stop by the store for coffee anytime. Then I told her it was too bad she had a boyfriend and she laughed and “yeah.” What do you make of that?

F150owner
    Participant
    October 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm #153073

If I was in her shoes, and you told me it’s too I have a boyfriend, that situation would make me feel very uncomfortable. I find it hard enough to chase girls that I know are single, much less ones that are taken.

ladygirl
    ladygirl
    Participant
    October 17, 2017 at 3:48 pm #153104

I agree with Emily