Girlfriend admits she desires another man

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

proxy83
    Participant
    July 30, 2015 at 12:09 pm #83441

Hi everyone. I’ve been dating a woman for 2 years (we’re in our 40’s) and she’s become the love of my life. She once dated another man 20 years ago and told me the relationship ended because he was physically abusive. However, she explained that she was extreamly drawn to this man sexually and described him as ‘mesmerizing’. I have no issues with this, the past is the past. However, she just admitted to me that she wouldn’t ever put herself in a situation to see this man again out of fear. I assumed it was fear of more abuse, but she expressed it was the fear of possibly not controlling herself (sexually), implying cheating. I was shocked to hear that the love of my life could be influenced by another man in this way. I applaud her honesty and don’t think she would ever see this man (lives 10 hours away, hasn’t seen him in years) but hearing my girlfriend admit that she may lose control with another man has made me sick. Should I let this go or is this a major red flag?

overthinker
    overthinker
    Participant
    July 30, 2015 at 2:46 pm #83442

I understand it was hard to hear that and creates a fear that she might feel that way around another man as well, but you have to trust her and applaud her for the honesty. Also, if he does live 10 hours away and they are a history of abuse I don’t think you should be worried about that. Another thing to add is when women are in an abusive relationship it takes a toll on them in different ways, they could be afraid or grow deeply attached because thats what they were conditioned to do with them in fear of being hurt. I wouldn’t take anything she says about desiring him seriously, because it probably is attached to a hidden emotion.

If you are still nervous about cheating, I would just keep yourself guarded a bit and if nothing raises an alarm again let it pass.

Good luck

mayu95
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 2:07 pm #83459

I honestly think it is a very good sign that she told you all about it. The most important thing in a relationship is that she will be loyal to you even if she is attracted to other men (which most women will be at some point).

lamonfn
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 3:37 pm #83463

I guess you have to admire her honesty but it’s kind of over-sharing in my opinion. If you’ve been together for 2 years why are you even still talking about her ex.
    Sort of sounds like she’s trying to rile you for some reason and doubt that she would be too pleased if you had shared a similar feeling with her!

jessica
    Participant
    August 1, 2015 at 2:25 am #83477

it was hard to hear that and creates a fear that she might feel that way around another man as well, but you have to trust her and applaud her for the honesty.

Nana
    Nana
    Participant
    August 1, 2015 at 8:04 am #83478

Hi everybody

Manonfire
    Participant
    August 1, 2015 at 8:24 pm #83484

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84684

I think it is a good sign she admitted all that to you. Remember, physical and sexual attraction is only one component of a healthy long-term relationship.