Girlfriend has trust/jealousy issues or am I the one with the Issue?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

guywithgirlproblems
    Participant
    May 2, 2015 at 6:02 pm #78337

I went to a store to buy a product for my boat. The saleswoman was there with a salesman doing a demo on the product. I was skeptical it would work but there was a deal on the product only for that day. She said that she would be willing to take my number and I could text her if the product worked and she’d set it aside for me but had to call before 9pm (store hours). Product did work and I sent her a message to set aside the other two products and id pick it up the next day. At this point she asked me out. I told her I had a gf and could not. I relayed this story to my gf and she got really really upset at me. She said she could not believe I was so stupid to give my number and I could not do it again. That I was disrespecting her. I apologized she was upset but explained it was innocent(not like I gave my number for no reason). Im not dumb, the woman gave no indication she was doing anything but help. I feel she is controlling and untrusting, I am loyal and told my gf.Thoughts?

guywithgirlproblems
    Participant
    May 2, 2015 at 6:17 pm #78338

More to it. I tried to explain that this request is unrealistic in my opinion. If I go to a sushi restaurant and there is a woman working there and asks me for my number to enter into the system, I am supposed to be able to determine if she has a crush on me and not give it? I feel like I am expected to be a psychic and somehow be able to predict if someone likes me? I don’t want to walk around everytime I walk in to a shop or store or restaurant and feel like I am doing something wrong. I feel this is more about her than me and her past relationship issues (she was cheated on by several ex boyfriends).

What should I do?