Girlfriend I know is being played!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dumbGames
    dumbGames
    Participant
    December 11, 2012 at 10:14 am #18537

A girlfriend of mine thinks this guy she’s known for 2 weeks is well worth her time– hovering over her phone, waiting to frantically pick up the phone whenever a text comes in. She’s been stood up by him on multiple occasions when he has some excuse that his roommates need him for some event (that conveniently became scheduled).

Only thing is, when they hang out in person (which is rare) he’s interested, all over her, and acts like they’re dating.

So, what I’VE told her is to back off. Other girlfriends say play it off like she’s not interested and ignore his texts on purpose.

I personally think he’s playing her like a rag doll on strings. Other friends think he’s just shy and nervous about commitment. I call bull. He has a part-time job a few hours north of where we live but the other half off the time he’s back in town with his roommates playing video games and teasing my friend.

Anyway, can anyone justify my advice to my friend or should she try to beat him at his own game?

abigail
    abigail
    Participant
    December 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm #18745

I think being “played” is a simple way for someone to classify a guy or girl because they can’t explain certain situations.

It’s obvious she doesn’t have all the answers and everyone seems to be guessing what’s in his head without just plain asking him. Have her sit down and talk to him, 2 weeks isn’t terribly long but since they seem interested in each other, it’s worth it just to ask if the guy would like to pursue her in a serious or friendly manner.