Girlfriend is saying weird stuff

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

timberman123
    Participant
    October 24, 2017 at 11:44 pm #153926

So before I put the text right here I’m gonna say we’ve been in a relationship for 5 months it is my first girlfriend I’ve had and the first girl I have had sex with aswell, I am 17 years old and today I didn’t reply to her snapchat because I was sleeping so she got mad and when I woke up she started telling me that she was mad and all because I didn’t reply to her snaps and that it was so simple and so on and so on… now we settled a little and then she started again being mad for no reason (She is on her period which must be why but she’s had this bitchy attitude lately where it seems that she hates everybody) and she sent a whole text about how she wants me to tell her I don’t love her or something, now at this point I just don’t know what to reply anymore and I need help cause I really love her and I don’t want to lose her, I’ve tried calling her phone but she knows it’s me and hangsup so the only way to really get to her is to actually send her a text.

timberman123
    Participant
    October 24, 2017 at 11:45 pm #153927

Here is the text
    “Please just tell me that I’m not the one you love but it’s another girl, tell me also that when you kiss me and when we have sex that you don’t think about me but another girl. Tell me that you’d rather have another girl next to you when you wake up in the morning. Tell me that you never think about me but you think about another girl and that you always talk to her.”

timberman123
    Participant
    October 25, 2017 at 8:46 am #153928

I am 100% honest right here, we have never had any trust issues like with someone cheating or anything. I don’t even talk to another girl on facebook or snap or just as a friend the only other girls I talk to are when I am at work and they work there, that’s the only time I talk to another girl, other than that that’s it

Now I really really nees your help because I can’t anymore I don’t know what to say anymore we’ve been having problems for the past couple of weeks and I hve always managed to fix them and always wrote big texts and everything to remind her that I love her but at this point I feel like I’m the only one doing efforts to keep the relationship going… please help

Trumpetguy
    Trumpetguy
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 9:13 am #154075

It sounds like she was cheated on before and now you are having to pay for some other guys past mistakes. It’s what I face with women my age as well. Just tell her you are not her x, and to give you the benefit of a doubt. Baggage is bad at any age.

Loca
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 9:34 pm #154251

What your girlfriend is saying is not weird at all. It’s actually in fact, normal. Teenagers and even adults say things like this because they may have had unfaithful, abusive or dishonest exes. You can try to reassure her that you aren’t her exes and mean no harm, but most times people like this need to do some soul searching on their own and take some time off relationships. However, people still want that feeling of being loved and in a relationship so often times you might get stuck. All because you love someone and they really aren’t ready and don’t have that security within themselves. Sometimes people don’t even realize they aren’t ready

cornfused
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 12:10 pm #154312

It does sound like she’s been cheated on before. Just give her assurances that you are there for her and would never do that to her.

Serendipity13
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm #154335

Like others have said, she might’ve been in a bad relationship recently that really hurt her. It’s not your fault. Just tell her that you’re different than her exes, and prove it to her too.

I’ve been cheated on and haven’t been in a relationship in almost 4 years. It is a tough thing to get out of one’s head when trying to talk to someone romantically and date them.

ALLEN1307
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 4:39 pm #154397

It sounds like (what the others have said) she has had bad experiences.
    I have been treated bad by girls in the past well messed around and have not dated anyone since 2013.