Girlfriend is talking about marriage. I feel like we're not ready yet. Help plea

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girlfriend is talking about marriage. I feel like we're not ready yet. Help plea

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

awesomeguy
    Participant
    November 27, 2017 at 9:19 pm #157529

I’m a 30-year old single man with a girlfriend from Costa Rica. We met when I joined the singles tour with A Foreign Affair. We’ve been together for a year now and it’s been quite a sweet ride since. We’ve had a few bumps on the road, but overall, our relationship is perfect. Now the problem is that she’s mentioned marriage a couple of times already. She seems like she’s ready for it now and I feel like we’re not there yet.

It’s not about her. She’s really amazing and honestly, she’d make a great wife. The problem is with me. I don’t think I’m ready for a commitment that big. I’m at a good place in my career, I’m still not sure if marriage is the next step for me. The idea of settling down is still out of the picture.

She’s not putting pressure on me. But still, the casual mention of it already scares me. I’m afraid that there would come a time that she would already want to settle down. I don’t want to lose this girl.

Do I just tell her honestly that I’m still not ready to ring th

onelonelyangler
    Participant
    November 27, 2017 at 11:53 pm #157532

Just don’t fall into that trap where your together 10 years and still not married…