Girlfriend of 7 months is getting bored. Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:08 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nryan97
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 9:45 am #126665

My girlfriend and I have been dating for just over 7 months. We have been nothing but happy. But toward the beggining she always told me she liked the chase. But I think I pursued her more than she did me because she was still fresh out of a relationship and I was trying to make her happy instead of her getting uninterested by having to go after me. But this past week she told me she has been bored and that she’s not as happy as she used to be because she said she’s bored and need excitement. She also told me she liked to chase…. again. So how do I make a relationship exciting and make her chase me after 7 months.. we communicate everyday usually by text and I make it a point to see her almost everyday. So the question is how do I get her excited and chase me without giving her the wrong idea. Keep in mind when she told me this she also said “we need to try to fix this or ultimatly it just wasn’t meant to be” so help would be appreciated! What can I start doing, today?!

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 10:36 am #126674

I find it really interesting that your girlfriend actually directly stated this desire to you lol.

Dread-game. Push/pull.

Start working out for muscle. Start “forgetting” to text her. Start going out with the boys. Start flirting with other women (even in front of her). etc etc.

Stop being worried about whether she leaves, because you are better than she is. And you know that you can replace her in a few weeks.

Have higher self-esteem.

This should be the default. It shouldn’t be to please a particular woman, because that is submissive.

But, this woman seems to be trying to teach you what she wants in a man. And it will make you better.

Listen.

nryan97
    Participant
    February 14, 2017 at 9:04 am #126680

She is getting very annoyed and mad that I’m taking forever to respond. It’s not a jokingly-give me attention- type of mad. It’s a legit mad. I don’t know what to do in these situations!

nryan97
    Participant
    February 14, 2017 at 9:04 am #126675

Funny enough I’ve been “forgetting” to text her all morning, just a few here and there every hour or so and she claims I’m being weird and giving me some attitude. Continue what I’m doing or?

Angelaquine
    Angelaquine
    Participant
    February 14, 2017 at 9:14 am #126869

how funny!!!!!!!!

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 14, 2017 at 12:34 pm #126913

lol. Who cares what she thinks? Defeats the entire object.

So, she tells you that she needs some challenge. Then, she tries to control you through temper tantrums (which is a weak form of dominance btw).

Have you ever considered giving her a smacked bum like a child? I’m not even joking.

You seriously need to understand the real you. And what this dynamic is telling you. Or you’ll forever be chasing your tail..

If you really are this submissive, then I think you are probably really are with the wrong person.

She’s going to give you the run around until she finally gets bored and dumps you.

Stop focusing on her, and making her happy. Focus on yourself, and what the dynamics are here. Because there is a tonne of cognitive dissonance – and there is a tonne that you can learn about yourself.