Girlfriend of 7 months is getting bored. Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nryan97
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 10:34 am #126672

My girlfriend and I have been dating for just over 7 months. We have been nothing but happy. But toward the beggining she always told me she liked the chase. But I think I pursued her more than she did me because she was still fresh out of a relationship and I was trying to make her happy instead of her getting uninterested by having to go after me. But this past week she told me she has been bored and that she’s not as happy as she used to be because she said she’s bored and need excitement. She also told me she liked to chase…. again. So how do I make a relationship exciting and make her chase me after 7 months.. we communicate everyday usually by text and I make it a point to see her almost everyday. So the question is how do I get her excited and chase me without giving her the wrong idea. Keep in mind when she told me this she also said “we need to try to fix this or ultimatly it just wasn’t meant to be” so help would be appreciated! What can I start doing, today?!

JonahLin84
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 1:03 pm #126718

You’re ultimately not there to be her entertainment, and any effort you put into trying to be that for her is going to make you look even more unattractive. She sounds like a princess. I’d probably just straight up say “Yeh let’s take a break then”… Just full dead pan. She’ll respect you having the balls to say that. Remember, control of the relationship is the person who cares the least. She doesn’t seem to care at all the fact that she can hit you with comments like that. Agree with her. Only boring people with no direction or purpose get board, those who don’t show gratitude in life for beating 400 trillion other sperm and becoming a human…. Thats a red flag or me im afraid… Tell her shes right, it is boring, she should find someone else.

nryan97
    Participant
    February 14, 2017 at 9:03 am #126673

Another thing, is how do I get her to chase me while still being interested in her and not giving off the “uninterested leave me alone” vibe?

trey101292
    Participant
    February 15, 2017 at 2:50 pm #127104

I agree with Jonah. If she can’t see your worth then you can do so much better!

Just be honest with her. Tell her you like her a lot but if she is losing interest then what else can you do?