Girlfriend of almost a year cheated on me idk what to do with her.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ugh
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 3:28 pm #105651

So my girlfriend ended up sexting one of her friends and they got each other off the other night. I consider any sort of intimacy with with someone other then your significant other as cheating as does she. She came to me the next day and told me because she regretted it. She hid the reason why she did it at first and then told me that it was because our conversation of her possibly being pregnant freaked her out and made her feel scared and unsafe. I honestly don’t know what to do I love her a ton but i usually have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of thing. From what I know she doesn’t exhibit this behavior regularly. What guarantees she wont do this again the next time she is scared or overly stressed? Her solution for the guy she did this with was a bit lacking as well she said “I just wont talk to him privately anymore, ill talk to him in a chat you can see from now on” when i rather she cut all ties to the guy. Shes usually a great person should I try to make things work?

abhikza
    Participant
    July 20, 2016 at 9:54 am #105831

Happened to me..
    On my opinion:

Nope , tell her to pack her bags and EFF off..
    She has done it once and will do it again… Not soo monogomus..

Its very hard to break up with someone you have been dating for a year..
    I hope you get on with it… Goodluck..

BHinFL
    BHinFL
    Participant
    July 20, 2016 at 3:02 pm #105885

Like abhikza said, get rid of her and move on with your life.
    You will find plenty of good people and an equal or greater number of bad.

Next!

SoulYogaMusic
    Participant
    July 20, 2016 at 8:22 pm #105941

Very simple. You’re worthy of better. Yeah, it hurts. That’s natural. But just walk away.

dolfingrrl
    Participant
    July 20, 2016 at 8:45 pm #105945

My ex-husband did the same to me before we were engaged. I spent so much time worrying that it would happen again, but was determined to make our relationship work. Well come to find out some time later it happened again. I wound up giving him yet another chance because I loved him so much. Once we got engaged and things were more serious I figured we were on the right track. Granted that wasn’t the case and we eventually got a divorce due to other relationship issues. Those problems however I feel were the result of these trust issues that had grown in the relationship. I’ve learned from this though that trust is something I will not compromise in a relationship no matter how much I love them because you’re only hurting yourself.

Monogomusonlyduh
    Participant
    July 22, 2016 at 10:22 am #106118

Hold on with telling her to pack her bags now. I am a single mother of an 18 month old, I spent three years with the father of my child and ended up doing everything on my own, got my apartment my car, still tried to help him. So theres a little backround to consider when reading my advice to you. First of all, how did the conversation go when she had thr pregnancy scare? Im sure both of you were afraid and things may have been said of the rip that weren’t exactly thought through. If kids arent wanted right now up the contraceptive of course. But when a woman becomes unsure of a man who may become the father of her child she can definately start to wonder off with good reason to do so, but its childish to start something before you finish the other. True cheaters won’t fess up, and everyone makes mistakes. I would say that she is a honest girl who had the remorse to tell you what she had done and may me worth forgiving and re-evaluating the relationship and working through

Monogomusonlyduh
    Participant
    July 22, 2016 at 10:27 am #106120

And she needs to stop talking to that guy period, not privately or to where you can see it. If you aren’t the only man and thats what you want dont put up with it and dont let that become a problem in your relationship. You can work with her but don’t do or allow things you know you arent okay with deep down. Marriage is the goal, kids are the goal, personally I an a single mothet because I would love to be able to look back on mine and my husbands little fights and laugh but after too much negativity that can be impossible. Strive for a healthy relationship while realizing there are plenty of women out there who want the same as you if she doesn’t. There’s no ring on her finger I’m assuming seeing as its only been a year, so get through the hard stuff now so you can have a bright future, good luck to you

Pineapples1804
    Participant
    July 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm #106223

Hunny if she cheated on, she’s:
    – not loyal
    – not worth it
    – a waste of your time
    – she does it once, she’ll do it again

and trust me, you deserve better!

coldturkey
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 12:11 pm #106319
    Reply To: Girlfriend of almost a year cheated on me idk what to do with her.

Hell no!! I know that you love this person which is understandable BUT she had broken the biggest trust one can break with someone in a relationship and there is NO WAY you will ever get that back.You need to part ways because if you don’t…you will ALWAYS be wondering if she will do it again while you’re with her and that is no way for you to live since you never did anything wrong.Also if she is saying she did this because of being scared…well that’s not a healthy way in dealing with stressful situations….life is full of stresses…do you want someone who might do something else crazy because of stress??OR do you want someone who knows how to deal with stress in a healthy manner??The choice is yours.

Thelix
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 9:02 pm #106336

Say next and search for another one.

pman123
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 11:52 am #106348

Happened to me 3 times by the same person. Let her go man, she’s not worth your time.

NaomiOakland7
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 7:21 pm #106731

Let her go, simple no matter how much she means to you let her go because if you forgive her she may just go and do it again. You’re worth so much more, she isn’t worth your time.

confusedlittlegirl
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 10:58 am #106806

She’s doesnt deserve your love and affection

gijeanie
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 3:17 pm #106816

If you can’t trust her it will never work. Sorry this happened to you.

ears
    Participant
    July 30, 2016 at 2:09 am #106968

I agree.