Girlfriend still talks to guy she dated recently..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonymousjay
    Participant
    August 22, 2015 at 6:37 pm #84569

I have been dating my girlfriend for three months and she is the most amazing person I have ever been with. The only thing that bugs me about her is that she still talks to a guy that she dated months before me who still likes her, and he was the closest thing to a boyfriend that she had before me. I am her first boyfriend, she is 19 I am 21. She knows it makes me uncomfortable, and even texts him when she is with me. I told her recently that I think he still likes her and she asked him, and when he said yes she set him straight and told him nothing will ever happen between them. It seems that they are talking more now even after she had the convo with him. Ideally, I want her to stop talking to him, but I know that the more I push the more I push her away from me, and closer to him. Im thinking I should just ride it out, and see if he fades from the picture. She refuses every time he asks to hangout, but from past relationships, this situation still makes me anxious. Thoughts?

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 4:15 am #84605

Well, I understand your concern, but I believe there is probably nothing to worry about. She has not attempted to hide those text messages from you, as well as told you they still talk. I wouldn’t let it get to you. Plus, if you continue to push this issue, it will make you look insecure and less attractive to her in the long run. Finally, she may get the impression you are the jealous type if you continue to behave this way so early in the relationship. Show her you are confident rather than insecure and jealous.