Girlfriend still talks to her ex while dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pman123
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 11:59 am #106350

Hey all,
    So I knew this girl since my freshmen year of college. She really liked me and wanted to be with me, but I pushed her away do to the fact I was getting over my ex at the time from being cheated on. Fast forward to junior year of college, she has a boyfriend of a year an a half and she kisses me. Since this happens all emotions run out and I begin to gain my feelings back. She tells me that her ex cheated on her with another girl for the first 10 months of their relationship, but she put up with it because she loved him. Now since I’m dating her she constantly talks to him as much as she tried to stop. A he is her first everything (love, etc.) A few weeks ago they met up to talk and he kissed her and said he still wants to be with her and she said if that happens there has to be exceptions. While I’m trying not to let it bother me I don’t know what to do. She says she loves me and all, but I feel like I’m being lied too. I’m curious to see what others have to say about my this

Anonymous
    July 24, 2016 at 5:40 pm #106365

RUN!!!!! Why would it NOT bother you??? Of course it bothers you because it is supposed to bother you! She is obviously not over her ex….so you have a choice…either be okay with sharing her or let her go for your sake. If you want a monogamous, connected type of relationship….she is not your girl. If you don’t mind sharing…then share….you have to get clear about what you want…..and if she cannot come into alignmen with that….then you have to honor your needs….love or not. She may “love” you but she is not THAT in love with you if she is kissing her ex and talking to him. A girl like that sounds like she may be a relationship junkie….uses the word “love” more freely and is more terrified to be alone than be with a guy who cheating on her. So again…you gotta go back to what YOU need and what kind of relationship you want to have.

Lucas Blake
    Participant
    July 27, 2016 at 7:15 am #106742

I have to agree with the comment below. You should run from her.

amcook5
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 2:01 am #106780

I say run. No question, just move in the opposite direction and don’t look back.

keyster2011
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 11:33 pm #106834

Like the above comments, she seems like she doesn’t know what she wants and if you were smart, and it’s hard to be smart when you have feelings for a girl, I would look elsewhere. It is difficult to do but there are millions of girls out there. You need someone fresh and not tangled up in the past