Girlfriend talks to ex plus others. Urgent!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

chasequicken
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 2:57 am #80719

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 4 months. I love her so much but we have a few problems. She texts and snapchats her ex boyfriend and also a guy who told me that he “wishes he were me” and “wishes he could date my girlfriend”. I told her this makes me uncomfortable and I cant talk it anymore. This has been going on for basically the time we started dating. Am I crazy? Am I being to contollin? I dont want to be contoling, but I cant stand her talking to her ex and a guy who wants to date her. I feel like both of them have no respect for our relationship. I tried to relax and listen to her because she says it is no big deal and I dont need to worry, but it will always piss me off.

Any advice would be wonderful. Thank you so much!

Dracan
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 1:09 am #80853

I think that you are being a bit over reactive. If it continues to annoy you, than just confront her about it. A girl that truly loves you would understand that you don’t feel comfortable, as long as she feels that she can trust you.

FlyingAce
    FlyingAce
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 8:52 pm #80863

I would try not to get too worked up about it. You and your girlfriend have only been dating for 4 months, so its natural to feel over-protective at times. Just talk to her if what she’s doing makes you feel uncomfortable and I’m sure she’ll be willing to listen.

randomdude8727
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 8:50 am #80816

NO you are not crazy. NO you are not being controlling, in fact the OPPOSITE.

Man up, tell them to back the fuck off your girlfriend. I don’t know how old you are, but you need to (1) impress your girl with your manliness and (2) exert your power. Those other guys are clearly testing your strength. Rise up and put them in their place. YOU have the girl, so YOU are in charge here.

sindu5673
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 12:54 pm #81103

Don’t listen to people who tell you you are overreacting. Going crazy over guys checking your girl out in the street, or her interacting with childhood male friends would be would be overreacting. But here she is clearly making herself available to other men, specially her ex. Not to say that you should or can tell her what to do or not to do, but you have the right to be respected and to feel secure about who you trust. Keep your eyes open.

nix23
    nix23
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 4:52 pm #81138

The problem isn’t coming from her, the problem is coming from you. You’re not setting boundaries and are not taking a stand for yourself. She senses this weakness and feels free to do as she pleases. You have to establish boundaries and tell her how you feel. You need to have clear communication of what you want in a relationship and in life otherwise you’ll keep getting more of the same…even with another girl.