Girlfriend with Chronic health problem..HELP!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

viviva
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 1:42 pm #148787

After 6 months of dating my gf revealed to me that she is a life long carrier of hepatitis b. At the moment it is inactive (but the virus is such that it may or may not get active in the future and therefore she needs yearly check ups for the rest of her life to monitor it). She got it from her mother at birth. My worry is that she told me after 6 whole months of dating after im 100% emotionally vested and im deeply in love and i was committed to her. Had i known earlier maybe i could have had a clearer chain of thought.

She has hid it for 6 months and when she went for her check up 2 months into our relationship, she told me she was going for her parents general health check ups.

I DONT EXPECT HER TO TELL ME ON THE FIRST DATE, and i know its very hard to tell but she told me after 6 whole months..

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION GUYS??

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  viviva.

Down2D8
    Participant
    September 14, 2017 at 2:28 pm #149050

It sounds like she was ashamed/embarrassed to tell you because Hepatitis can be transmitted sexually. She probably Worried you might look down on her for having an std or stop seeing her in fear of it. I feel like it was disrespectful to not have told you earlier (especially before certain sex acts happen/ed).

But if you look at it from her side
    -She didnt choose to have this issue and SAYS she didnt get it from being sexually irresponsible
    -She likes this new cute guy and wants the relationship to work out
    -She deserves love, happiness and a partner
    -She doesn’t want to disease to take over her life
    -She probably trys to not think about it unless there is an issue or time for a checkup

My opinion
    If you really love her, feel she is special and see long term potential id stick with it. but i wouldn’t make any commitments anytime soon, more things/ secrets may surface. if she hid this from you she probably hid/omitted other things as well.